Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

NOOBS!! 2 Lost Hikers in Holy Jim

Old 04-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Were they injured? I had to get helicoptered off a mountain when I could see the road about two miles away. I couldn't move though.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Hope they get slapped with the bill .
Old 04-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Haha my rescue story was met with a similar response to yours, and it SUCKED getting called out by so many strangers. It was actually my first experience with an online forum so to speak. Local paper put it on the first page and spun me like an idiot.

So I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt haha
Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Hope this isn't a swatting call / April fools joke . Gonna cost $30k if they bust out the ghetto bird .
Old 04-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Hikers: Hey I know, I'll light a signal fire....
Old 04-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #11
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
I like the fb quotes at the bottom. "If you get lost in that area you probably shouldnt shop at costco" haha hope they are ok. And good luck with the rescue mission tonight guys. TW ftw
Old 04-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #12
maXXXed out mid travel
straycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: paul
straycat241's Tacoma Gallery
I remember one time a TW group went up and we found a hiker lady in day/warm weather gear freezing her buns off. the weather was like 30-50 with heavy drizzle. Mytoytaco gave her a ride down the mountain
Old 04-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #13
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for some wheeling.. but something tells me this will be over before I get off work.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #15
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
I remember one time a TW group went up and we found a hiker lady in day/warm weather gear freezing her buns off. the weather was like 30-50 with heavy drizzle. Mytoytaco gave her a ride down the mountain
I "rescued" a lady once that was walking around back bay. She and her tiny dog had become tired of walking on the trail and were miles from her car. She hailed me down asking for a ride.

If you have ever seen back bay loop, you'll know why this is funny. There was never any danger..
Old 04-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #16
Rylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rylee
Rylee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
I'm gonna get Brad and Kenny to come with me tonight and go on a little TW rescue mission. I know that canyon like the back of my hand...shouldn't be too hard to find them.
dont forget rylee. hes in too!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #17
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
I "rescued" a lady once that was walking around back bay. She and her tiny dog had become tired of walking on the trail and were miles from her car. She hailed me down asking for a ride.

If you have ever seen back bay loop, you'll know why this is funny. There was never any danger..
I bike the loop every week hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
dont forget rylee. hes in too!
Sweet!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #18
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
I'd come tonight but truck is officially in shop as of lunch break.

Is that the trail we just did on Saturday brosef?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #19
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
wow. just wow! I don’t go hiking much(hoping to change that this year) but i always take a out door GPS, 2 flash lights water, a few snacks. Maybe a light jacket and a map. I use a north face solaris 35 back pack as a day pack. also I always pay attention to where trails meet and which one i was on. me and a buddy hiked 3.5 miles out from back packing/camping because his tint did not have a rain fly,(it was lost) and it was about to rain. hiked out at 11:00 at night.

with dad doing the work he did for like 35 years. i have heard lots of stores about unplanned stuff happening and being stuck in the woods.(he was a wildlife officers. Exactly like your alls game wardens.) I’m not stupid when i go into the woods. I have never used more then half the stuff i took, but i’d rather have a few extra things and not need them, then need them and not have them. Because having them could mean life or death or me getting out on my own. and not calling 911. now if i got hurt yeah i probably would. but at least i should be able to give them GPS coordinates.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #20
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, this place is like Disneyland...picture the only hike with a waterfall in a county with a population of 3 million. It's loaded with people hiking by day, and wheeling by night.

I wouldn't bring anything more than a water bottle and a knife with me on that hike. How the eff do you get lost?!?!

Regardless, I'm going there tonight to see what I can find.