Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Ham radio channels you've programmed?

Old 04-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
you have a license?
Old 04-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
this is a good place to start

http://www.artscipub.com/repeaters/
Old 04-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, I've got a license (KJ6PVC), and bought three books on repeaters at Ham Radio Outlet. That site you posted is great, and supplements what I have - thank you!

Do you feel there are some channels that I MUST have? Like weather, emergency, KNX, etc? Do you have your "go-to" channels? Or really, with all the pre-saves I can do, it doesn't really matter? I'm a ham noob, can you tell?
Old 04-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #5
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
look up Bfg, yokohama, mag 7, weatherman. those are racing channels.

repeaters can be fun cause you can talk to people thousands of miles away, like Alaska. 147.450 is a repeater i think. 147.330 is a repeater in big bear.

repeater list.
rptrlist.w6jpl.ampr.org/2m.htm
Old 04-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #6
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
147.435 W6NUT lulz
Old 04-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #7
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't programmed any repeaters yet because I don't have my tech license yet so I'm listening only for now. But I basically programmed just about every local PD and sheriff that I could within LA, OC, SB, and Riverside counties. Many are using trunked systems like smart net and talk around so those I can't get, but using my ham as a scanner for now is pretty fun. All those can be found at radioreference.com

I also have a few channels programmed in which match the handhelds I use at work. So I have a mobile unit incase my handheld goes out.

Azusa is probably the most radio traffic heavy PD I've heard. They have stuff going on 24/7.

As far as repeaters go, I'm still a noob too and without a license I've just stayed away for now.

Glad your liking the radio install! :thumbup:

Oh and when you get the NMO weather cap from HRO can you let me know how much it was. I need to get one when they get more in stock. Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Yup, I've got a license (KJ6PVC), and bought three books on repeaters at Ham Radio Outlet. That site you posted is great, and supplements what I have - thank you!

Do you feel there are some channels that I MUST have? Like weather, emergency, KNX, etc? Do you have your "go-to" channels? Or really, with all the pre-saves I can do, it doesn't really matter? I'm a ham noob, can you tell?

well the Cal-Az linked system is really good to have for emergencies. Getting to know more Amateurs is a good thing, I use 147.240 on monument peak as alot of des campers and outdoors folks use and monitor it, its more of a San Diego-Des system and links into Southwest Az. When we are off on our expeditions its on a area basis ( state).
Old 04-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #9
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
I have a PDF file posted somewhere at TW with all of my frequencies/repeaters..I have since updated what I have programmed to include repeaters from Arizona,Utah, and Nevada for a trip that happened over the summer

Edit: I have no clue where I posted it lol
Old 04-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #10
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteupp View Post
147.435 W6NUT lulz
147.435 is not w6nut...435 is owned by RRI

W6nut is 147.450
Old 04-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
147.435 is not w6nut...435 is owned by RRI

W6nut is 147.450

http://www.w6nut.com/repeaterInfo.html

http://www.my435.com/
Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #12
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Hehe...reading the flame book is my entertainment during the day when work is slow
Old 04-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #13
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Hehe...reading the flame book is my entertainment during the day when work is slow

oh I know, so damn funny.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #14
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Dang, thanks, guys! That's all an excellent place for me to start looking into this world more.

SoCal, those websites are gonna be some fun reading this weekend!

Anthony, the install is great! Am gonna use the remote to mount the head a tad bit closer under the A/C controls so I don't have to lean and take my eyes off the road so much. Will let you know abt the caps when I return that other stuff on Saturday. Need me to pick one up for you?

Monkey, I'll search for your list, but if you find it first, please let me know! Sounds like what I need.

Thanks, Johnnie & Andrew!