Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

SOCAL TRAIL RUN

Old 04-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #41
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevoh View Post
Everyone seems to be leaning towards Borax? I will look into this more.
Add one more vote from me! Sounds and looks awesome.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #42
PRBond is on a distinguished road

Navy: USNR - Honorably Discharged in Oct. '94
Name: Patrick
PRBond's Tacoma Gallery
The So Cal TTORA guys have a run scheduled on 5/4 to do Cleghorn.

http://www.ttora-socal.com/events

I was already planning on doing that run and toying with the idea of finding a camp site to stay up there for the night up by Silverwood Lake if anyone is interested...
Old 04-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #43
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
is this a day run or is camping involved?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #44
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
All options are on the table. Let the people vote - still a few more days to come!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #46
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Info for a Mojave run on May 3, 4, 5 will be posted later today.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #47
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
Info for a Mojave run on May 3, 4, 5 will be posted later today.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...y-3-4-5-a.html
Old 04-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #49
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
Sounds fun. I might be down.....just gotta see how the funds look. Thats a drive for me
A bunch of people drive up from San Diego every year! Hit up Gregero.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #51
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
Oh ok cool! I'll ask around and see whos headed up
Old 04-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #57
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a few of you are doing Mojave on the 4th already? Can i get a count of you who are going so I can get an idea? Also post the trail info real quick. We have 2 days until we start the poll.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #58
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't find any official info on the borax mines (which I think are way cooler than Schmidt's tunnel )

http://www.burroschmidttunnel.org/

But that gives you GPS coordinates to his camp & tunnel. There are signs before you reach his camp that say left- Shmidt's camp
Right- borax mines
& tons of stuff in between to poke around at.

I've never been able to go all the way down the rabbit hole in the borax mines- they go down for a few miles like this SOCAL TRAIL RUN-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365516476.290154.jpg
SOCAL TRAIL RUN-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365516494.722747.jpg
SOCAL TRAIL RUN-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365516515.255755.jpg
SOCAL TRAIL RUN-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365516538.022981.jpg
SOCAL TRAIL RUN-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365516571.539807.jpg
Old 04-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #59
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevoh View Post
Sounds like a few of you are doing Mojave on the 4th already? Can i get a count of you who are going so I can get an idea? Also post the trail info real quick. We have 2 days until we start the poll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
8 of us so far; Let us mind ya guys the Mojave run isn't a "get to camp in the day and go out on runs" kind of thing. It's driving from home, to barstow, offroading to camp for a good 6-7 hours straight, maybe stopping here n there for site seeing and piss breaks, and finally getting to camp to eat and PARTY. Shit happens so we may end up there later than expected. Next day, pack up and adventure on to the next camp site. It's very intense but is also a bitchin experience that should be experienced at least once. Many friends and stories are made during the Annual Mojave Run. It's my favorite run of the whole year.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #60
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
I couldn't find any official info on the borax mines (which I think are way cooler than Schmidt's tunnel )
Damn. That looks bad ass! I've definitely gotta see that some time.

We do similar things in Mojave- explore mine shafts and lava tubes. Anything worth site seeing lol.

I'm gonna give those Borax Mines a look up; 'looks awesome.