Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Official Mojave run May 3, 4 & 5

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Official Mojave run May 3, 4 & 5

Like we do twice a year we are now planning our Spring run.

The plan:

Pre-meeting spot: I live 3 miles off the 15 fwy at Baseline so if anyone is interested please be at my house by 2pm but you can arrive earlier if you want. If you need firewood, come to my house. I need to cut it up so let me know if you're going to stop by. PM me for my address. We'll leave at 2:30pm, pick up my son from school which is right up the street and head to the first meeting spot.

First meeting spot: Will be at the Fontana AM/PM gas station off the 15 fwy at Sierra Blvd. at 3pm. Please be gassed up and ready to leave at 3pm. For those that are meeting there we will caravan to the Arco gas station in Barstow off Outlet Center Dr.

The second & last meeting spot: will be at the Arco gas station off Outlet Center Dr. in Barstow at 4pm sharp. We will top off gas tanks, ice up and head out. We've decided we want to do a night run that is why we're leaving at 4pm. From Barstow we'll head to camp through the Mojave desert. My estimates have us at camp between 10pm-11pm assuming there are no delays or breakdowns. You will need additional lights up front because it's pitch black out there and headlights won't cut it. HID's and/or LED's will be perfect.

Stock trucks are fine, mid travel trucks are perfect and long travel trucks are even better. We will not leave anyone behind even if you drive slow. Usually the LT trucks drive faster and eventually pull over and wait for the rest of the crew.

Friday: Leave Barstow and head into the desert. We won't be making any sight-seeing stops due to the time and darkness. We will be stopping in Baker to get more gas and/or food. From there we'll head back into the desert and make our way to camp.

Saturday: We'll eat a good breakfast and wake up slowly since Friday might be a long night. Once we're ready to leave, around 10am or so, we'll head out and hit all of our sight-seeing spots throughout the Mojave. In the late afternoon we'll start making our way to stateline for a nice dinner. Depending on the time we leave there it might be dark so that should be fun to run back to camp in the dark. We'll get settled in at camp and get drunk around the fire.

Sunday: We'll pack up camp, leave around 9am and make our way back down Mojave Rd towards Barstow. We'll hit a few sight-seeing spots along the way so the new guys can see some history.

Note: Women, children and law enforcement will be with us so please keep the weed at home and no drinking and driving.

What you need:

- Plenty of water. It's hot and dry in the desert and you'll be drinking more water than you think.
- Race radio channel 153.110.
- Tow strap with at least one shackle. If someone is stuck to the axles, we'll need all tow straps. Yes, this has happened in the past.
- GPS
- 10 gallons extra gas minimum but 15 gallons will be plenty.
- Firewood for two nights or you can not sit by the fire
- Matches/lighters
- Tent
- Sleeping bag
- Lanterns/flashlights
- Food/drink to last 3 days
- Toilet paper and baby wipes
- Camera
- Spare parts
- Full size spare tire (at least 1)
- Set of tools
- At least $20 in cash in small denominations (for campgrounds)
- First aid kit

*Note, we do not run CB but if you don't have a race radio you can still attend but you won't be in communication with anyone else.

Please sign up only if you actually intend on coming.

1. Johnnie
2. FixedTRD
3. Nosoup4you
4. supratrippy
5. Lembowski
6. Silver Taco
7. SoCalRoadie
8. blknightdoc
9. cbassd
10. LTFJ

Here are some pictures from the past runs.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...16-9-18-a.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...cs-videos.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...-pics-vid.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...lots-pics.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...un-2011-a.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...-run-pics.html

YOU MUST BRING FIREWOOD FOR TWO NIGHTS!

Old 04-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
1.Johnnie
2. In2nite
3. Nosoup4you
4. Gregero
5. Lembowski
6. Silver Taco
Old 04-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Bump! Anyone who hasnt been should go! this is an excellent opportunity to check out what the Mojave has to offer! Hopefully I can make it guys!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Bump! Anyone who hasnt been should go! this is an excellent opportunity to check out what the Mojave has to offer! Hopefully I can make it guys!

x2
Especially when you have such great tour guide like Johnnie, James and all the veterans.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
As the dates indicate, we'll be leaving on Friday afternoon and returning on Sunday evening.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
I want to see Jim as "Yes with honey badger" hahahah

Can't wait for this run!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #9
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
SoCalRoadie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
I want to see Jim as "Yes with honey badger" hahahah

Can't wait for this run!!!
Oh, we are planning on going. We both have the time off. I'm at 90% right now.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRoadie View Post
Oh, we are planning on going. We both have the time off. I'm at 90% right now.
Damm it I can't miss out on this epic run. Especially when Honey badger is going.

Johnnie like always I might meet you guys at camp. I'll let you know later next week.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #12
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
HB is in? Well there is no turning back now!!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #13
blknightdoc is on a distinguished road
Navy:
blknightdoc's Tacoma Gallery
Add me to the list please. I can go.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #14
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Say whaaaa
Old 04-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #15

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
I hope we have another super moon so the Badger can tell us 17 times that the moon is coming over the hill at midnight.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #16
I <3 Pink Tacos
JawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
JawKnee's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I can go but my buddy is getting married that weekend. Always wanted to go and I haven't done this run yet. Hopefully I can make it on the next run.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #17
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
I hope we have another super moon so the Badger can tell us 17 times that the moon is coming over the hill at midnight.
I just want James to get super drunk again and play catch with his mouth lol
Old 04-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #18

Quote:
lol the good times, Jim had to put him to sleep before it got out of hand hahah.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #19

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't he wake up naked in Jim's truck in the morning?
Old 04-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Didn't he wake up naked in Jim's truck in the morning?
Don't remember I thought he went in Jim's tent naked . lol

Products Discussed in this Thread