Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Memorial Weekend, Hungry Valley SVRA/Miller Jeep trail

Old 04-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #41
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
^ you can stay in gorman and it is easy. Don't be a pie.
LMFAO!!! But I love pie.... I'll think about it. I would have to come out Saturday, already have plans Friday.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #43
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Quote:
awful long drive for a day. ^
Good point... Let me see what I can do about Friday...
Old 04-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #45
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
So since this is a 3 day weekend and it will already 100º in the dez I expect this area will be pretty filled up. Does anyone know if areas can be reserved? I am willing to set all that up with the SVRA folks for camping etc, I just don't know the area well and not sure how all the rules are set up. If anyone can chime in with thoughts on this please do. I will be more than happy to get things dialed in with the SVRA reps. I would like to think that we can all have one central location to camp all together, its probably going to need to be a relatively large area since the attending list will most certainly grow over the next 6 weeks.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #46
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
^ Note to self: Leave dirtbike at home for this trip.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #48
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys i'd like to come with my wife - are there any other persons going that are 2WD that want to do any of the other friendly trails that some of these guys were talking about in the previous thread?

Thanks - wanted to check before I commit!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #49
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
So since this is a 3 day weekend and it will already 100º in the dez I expect this area will be pretty filled up. Does anyone know if areas can be reserved? I am willing to set all that up with the SVRA folks for camping etc, I just don't know the area well and not sure how all the rules are set up. If anyone can chime in with thoughts on this please do. I will be more than happy to get things dialed in with the SVRA reps. I would like to think that we can all have one central location to camp all together, its probably going to need to be a relatively large area since the attending list will most certainly grow over the next 6 weeks.
you would have to call the http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=405 Park Rangers

Also the Park Ranger are pretty prevalent out at hungry valley. So I would keep the shenanigans at a low until night time.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #51
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed. Put me down as a maybe.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #52
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevoh View Post
Hey guys i'd like to come with my wife - are there any other persons going that are 2WD that want to do any of the other friendly trails that some of these guys were talking about in the previous thread?

Thanks - wanted to check before I commit!
Gorman it self is fun and easy
Old 04-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #53
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I spoke with the park office and they cannot reserve any areas. All of the camp grounds are first come first serve. The largest camground (honey valley group campground) is under renovation so it is likely that we may have to spread out as bit depending on the capacity of the area when everyone arrives.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #54
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
1) Socalduckslayer + Wife (Camping)
2) Mikey89 (Camping)
3) Manwithoutaplan
4) CSJumper2003 (Camping)
5) Gelo760 (Camping)
6) Deadhead61 (Camping) Not 100% yet
7) Trigo (Maybe)(Camping)
8)wildlandtaco (camping)
9)4wd
10) LilManny (camping) if I can get the 3day weekend off
11) 2008taco (camping)
12) Traveler (maybe)
Old 04-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #55
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Current list, not bad for less than a day

1) Socalduckslayer + Wife (Camping)
2) Mikey89 (Camping)
3) Manwithoutaplan (Camping)
4) CSJumper2003 (Camping)
5) Gelo760 (Camping)
6) Deadhead61 (Camping)
7) Trigo (Maybe)(Camping)
8) wildlandtaco (camping)
9) 4wd (Maybe)
10) MrGrimm (Maybe)
11) Kevoh (Maybe)
12) Lil Manny (Maybe)
13) 2008Taco (camping)
14) The Traveler(maybe)
15) Alegav (Maybe)
16) El Rojo (Maybe)
Old 04-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #56
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks brother. What is the difference on the Dirt Trail vs the Dirt Road on the map legend? It sounds like you have been here a few times so I thought id ask you. Thanks mate!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #60
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack

cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Miller Jeep Trail is fun to do..its a long trail and can be challenging for beginners. I popped my cheery on this trail and fucked up my taco pretty good and it wasn't even two weeks old yet. 4wd, 33" tires, rear locker, and at least sliders are recommended for Miller Jeep.
Sliders? what are those?