Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

GPS / Map Pack for ANDROID

Old 04-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
GPS / Map Pack for ANDROID

Hi everyone,

Looking for the map trail packs for the Southern California region that I can download and have active on my phones GPS while in Airplane mode while out wheeling.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thank you!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
I had someone tell me this was possible so just checking with the community. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Backcountry Navigator PRO and MyTrails are GPS apps that both offer offline mapping.

I'm not sure there are any "trail packs" out there other than established roads already in the maps. Most people create their own waypoints and share maps amongst each other, but you would need someone with the same app to be able to share.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #4
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
Backcountry Navigator PRO and MyTrails are GPS apps that both offer offline mapping.

I'm not sure there are any "trail packs" out there other than established roads already in the maps. Most people create their own waypoints and share maps amongst each other, but you would need someone with the same app to be able to share.
Awesome thanks for the info man. Ill go ahead and look into this. Yeah a buddy told me about the "waypoint" thing, so i guess thats what i meant by trail pack. Just seeing if anyone had like a compilation of waypoints etc.

THanks again man.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

no problem. I know Garmin units are common with people on this forum, you might be able to find a way to import those files into an app. Not totally sure though, I usually use iOS.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
I recommend backcountry navigator pro. I run it on an old android while wheeling/ hiking to log trails/ where I am. It works very well. You can add waypoints with descriptions, log your path, export it to google earth, etc..
Old 04-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #7
El Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shed
El Chip's Tacoma Gallery
For Canadians, try Canada Top Maps, works fantastic.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #8
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
This isn't on your phone, but I picked up a cheap 5" Garmin just to use this:

http://www.anzaborregoexplorer.com/

It's all of Anza Borrego, I really only go there so works for me.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
This isn't on your phone, but I picked up a cheap 5" Garmin just to use this:

http://www.anzaborregoexplorer.com/

It's all of Anza Borrego, I really only go there so works for me.
What about using a Garmin app for iOS/Android?
http://www8.garmin.com/apps/

This app claims to accept map images from Garmin, Microsoft, Google, etc..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....orux.oruxmaps
Old 04-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #10
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man ill check out the full detail on all of those maps when I am at work tomorrow. Get paid to not work!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #11
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What about using a Garmin app for iOS/Android?
http://www8.garmin.com/apps/

This app claims to accept map images from Garmin, Microsoft, Google, etc..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....orux.oruxmaps
I dunno, his site lists specific models it will work for. If you can load the 2gb of map files on your phone and make it work let me know!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
I dunno, his site lists specific models it will work for. If you can load the 2gb of map files on your phone and make it work let me know!
when you purchase that Anza map what is the file type?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #13
Rompin Around

Quote:
when you purchase that Anza map what is the file type?
.gmapi