Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

OC Meet & Ride: Santiago Peak/Santa Ana Mountains - 04/21/2013

Old 04-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #21
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
Im in.. I dont have a cb, but ive been meaning to get one.. Ill look around tomorrow.
U don't really need a cb for this one.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #22
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
CB is always nice to have...

I REALLY wanna see how this rear bumper, sliders, and new tires do on the trails. Also, fixed my U-Joint, greased every damn zerk I could find under the truck, and topped off my front diff tonight...soooooooo

LET'S GO PLAY IN THE DIRT!!!!!

Old 04-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #23
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
YEAHHHHHHHHHH MATT!!!! looks soooooo good bro.

Hey everyone else, yeah CB isnt required. just makes things easier for communication thats all =]
Old 04-20-2013, 01:54 AM   #25
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
So if I pick up a cheap handheld that will work?
Usually more expensive than the installed ones, but yeah it should work if you don't leave the line of trucks...any more than 4 truck lengths away and we start to lose the handhelds usually.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:26 AM   #26
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
^
Old 04-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #27
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
We've always just put the guys without comms in the middle of the pack of trucks, as óng as we have comms in the front and the tail.
Hey Matt - I saw your truck on Trabuco on Thursday, I drove past you in my Honda Civic daily beater...anyhow I like your new rear bumper its sick! Who made it?
Old 04-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #28
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
For those looking for an inexpensive CB, go get the Walmart special...its a Cobra CB for $40 and get an antenna from Radioshack, total about $60 for both, you can get a mag mount too.
I've had my Cobra for 5yrs+ without any issues1
Old 04-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #29
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4RR View Post
For those looking for an inexpensive CB, go get the Walmart special...its a Cobra CB for $40 and get an antenna from Radioshack, total about $60 for both, you can get a mag mount too.
I've had my Cobra for 5yrs+ without any issues1
I hadn't thought of wally-werld.. but since I have to go to Radioshack anyway they have Cobra, Uniden and even store brand CB's for under $50 that look like they are rated at least 4 out of 5 stars. Good basic sets anyway for not much.

Edit: Maybe.. seems like stores around here don't carry many options.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #30
Jfred83 is on a distinguished road
Jfred83's Tacoma Gallery
Can this trail be completed by a stock DC LB 4x4
Old 04-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #32
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down as going. It's been a while since I was up there.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #33
REBELTACO

Walmart doesn't carry the Cobra 19's anymore...I've been looking all over for them in stores, but I just can't find them after they updated to the 19 DX IV.

Jose, it's made by CBI. It's the Trail Rider 1.0. I'm having rotopax mounts made for it as well as a flipdown table.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #34
JMayotte is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeremy
JMayotte's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to JMayotte
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post

Jose, it's made by CBI. It's the Trail Rider 1.0. I'm having rotopax mounts made for it as well as a flipdown table.
That's sexy. Gonna have to look into a similar set up for my Gen1.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #37
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
super awesome list.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #38
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
JayDirt FTW! see you at John's... And Matt, change your maybe to for shizz!

My brother might meet us as well!
Old 04-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #40
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
JB Weld....