Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Wedding Venues-Please help

Old 02-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
Question Wedding Venues-Please help

I live in the Orange County area and am looking a nice place to hold a ceremony and reception for my wife-to-be. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Were on a budget so more affordable places are prefered.

Thanks in advance for any help : )
Old 02-17-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
OCOTILLO Don't get any cheaper then that bro
Old 02-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #3
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
lol, good idea, but I think we need something a little less dirty.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
how about some golf courses, my buddy got married at one in oc and was really nice, don't remember the name of the course but it's on the corner of beach blvd and imperial hwy. what kind of budget are you on.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
how about some golf courses, my buddy got married at one in oc and was really nice, don't remember the name of the course but it's on the corner of beach blvd and imperial hwy. what kind of budget are you on.
A very tight one... lol...

Trouble is we are trying to buy a house at the same time. We're looking to spend no more than $7000 on the venue (that includes food) for 80 people.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #6
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
you are going to have a tuff time with that budget, how about do a quickie in vegas and do the big wedding when the funds are there. when i got married we were on a budget and ended up spending 15,000, more than what we wanted to spend but what can you do, just think a wedding cake's start at like 800 for the amount of people you are going to have.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Check with your local VFW.

Seriously - In our area, they have a huge hall & kitchen. They'll cater the reception, they have a bar & will serve. All you gotta do is decorate, get a DJ (if you're into dancing), etc. It's not fancy - but good enough to have a good old time and celebrate.

I had my wedding at a local church and the reception at the VFW.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #8
Thx guys,

Janster, whats a VFW?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk87 View Post
Thx guys,

Janster, whats a VFW?
VFW = Veterans of Foreign Wars
http://www.vfw.org/

Hard to explain what it is and I'm just pulling this off the top of my head.
It's an organization - similar to American Legion, Amvets, etc. They have organization 'posts' all over the country and cater to our military heros/veterans. They do all sorts of things for our Veterans & community.

You could also check with your local American Legion (if you have 'em) or look into your local Fire halls also.