Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Baja 500

Old 05-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manny
Location: San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch)
LilManny's Tacoma Gallery
Oskar don't forget they'll be qualifying Thursday as well!! Here's the schedule:

Thursday, May 30, 2013
8am-5pm
Qualifying for Trophy Trucks and Class 1 starting at 10am.
Registration will be set up at qualifying site for participants.
11am-6pm
Express Registration | Media Registration
Riviera Convention – Red Room
7pm-12am
Monster Energy/SCORE Kick-Off Party
Friday, May 31, 2013
9am-6pm
Contingency & Tech
Between Riviera Convention Center and Police Station

9am-5pm
Race Registration | Media Registration
Riviera Convention – Red Room
7-12am
Monster Energy/Papas & Beer/SCORE Street Party (in front of Papas & Beer)
7pm-8:30pm
MANDATORY -Drivers Meeting
Riviera Convention – Cathedral Room
Saturday, June 1, 2013

6am
Start Time for Motos
Old 05-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #23
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
How does the qualifying gonna be? The whole track or what? That's gonna ruin my plan!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #24
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
How does the qualifying gonna be? The whole track or what? That's gonna ruin my plan!
Heard somewhere that qualifying would be a smaller loop near Ensenada, but I'm not certain.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #25
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manny
Location: San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch)
LilManny's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I hear it might be near uruapan.. Oskar I also hear that when they do qualifying here it gets crazy cause they all go balls out!! But we won't know where till they release the map..

Btw Oskar I'm having a hard time finding hotel room can u text me the name of some hotels you know of that u think might be open?
Old 05-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #26
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Just txted u a list of about 20 hotels. I'm sure I'm missing another 10. You should b able to find one.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #27
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What's up guys?
I'm hoping to make it out to this race this time around. I missed out on the 250 & the 500 from last year.

If I go, i'll be going down to spectate. Possibly camp out Friday night along the course & then head back home Saturday afternoon.

I hope to watch the race around Uruapan or Erendira. We watched it somewhere south of Ensenada once, about 7 miles into the desert/mountains from the highway @ night. I have no idea where the hell we were but we followed some other trucks in. It was an awesome spot.. Hope to find that spot again. Any recommendations for good spots south of Ensenada? Hopefully not too far south...
Old 05-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #28
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Map will b released tomorrow, so until then I couldn't recommend a good spot.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #29
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudhawk View Post
I'm going down early Tuesday morning to start prerunning. Will be chasing during the race. Staying in Ensenada Thursday night through Saturday night.
Hopefully caravaning with this d00d!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #31
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
Hopefully caravaning with this d00d!
HELL YES!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #32
Dezert Lovers Unite
Engage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Engage Marketing
Engage Offroad's Tacoma Gallery
heres a little something to get you guys more excited!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnA3j...&feature=share
Old 05-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #35
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Baja 500 Map

New is the run through Mike's Sky Rancho and Rancho el Coyote then along the river to Colonet, south to Camalu, then back up along the coast, as before... a full 500 miles!

Old 05-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #37
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Okay guys, the official map is out. I am thinking about going to watch the race from around Race Mile 100. Does anybody know if there is a 2wd friendly road that will take me there? Looking at the video below, it looks like if I follow the race course from Heroes de La Independencia, I'll be able to get there. Only thing is that it's a good drive in.
I'm looking for a shorter way of getting to that spot, as well as getting back to the highway avoiding the race course.

I'm looking to watch the race near the jumps at minute 14:45, possibly even further ahead, somewhere between there & minute 22:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1ZY69HD9X0
Old 05-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #38
Dezert Lovers Unite
Engage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Engage Marketing
Engage Offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619Tacoma View Post
Okay guys, the official map is out. I am thinking about going to watch the race from around Race Mile 100. Does anybody know if there is a 2wd friendly road that will take me there? Looking at the video below, it looks like if I follow the race course from Heroes de La Independencia, I'll be able to get there. Only thing is that it's a good drive in.
I'm looking for a shorter way of getting to that spot, as well as getting back to the highway avoiding the race course.

I'm looking to watch the race near the jumps at minute 14:45, possibly even further ahead, somewhere between there & minute 22:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1ZY69HD9X0

their is an access road that will take you to "Santa Catarina" roughly Race mile 85, from their it would be race course, also the big 180Degree uphill turn 1/4 mile after Mike Sky Ranch is always fun to watch and help out....but you are stuck their all day and the only way out is thru race course, but its worth it for sure!!
Old 05-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #39
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
ill be there! driving down friday morning.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #40
Baja bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engage Offroad View Post
their is an access road that will take you to "Santa Catarina" roughly Race mile 85, from their it would be race course, also the big 180Degree uphill turn 1/4 mile after Mike Sky Ranch is always fun to watch and help out....but you are stuck their all day and the only way out is thru race course, but its worth it for sure!!
Thanks for the input.
Some guy from RDC gave me a google map of the access road at KM100.5
It'll take you to either RM90 or so or to RM 105 or so.

I thought I heard on the Dirt Live map overview that they said Mike "fixed" that hairpin turn so it shouldn't be an issue this time around.