Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

MORE 500 Race (5/25/13) - Lucerne Valley

Old 05-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #21
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Post up a map of the area where camp will be? I have been to Barstow but not Lucerne...
Old 05-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #22
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post
Do you guys know where you are going to set up at ? I will be at the engage pit but want to check out Jens truck and your cage aaron
We will be close to where Monkeyproof's friend sets up, which we wont find out until closer to race day

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
Post up a map of the area where camp will be? I have been to Barstow but not Lucerne...
Type this into google maps, google earth, or your GPS unit:

34.45349, -116.68003
Old 05-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #23
how hard can it be?
snowsk8air2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
snowsk8air2's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhhhh!!!!! I keep seeing stuff about this event. Want to go. How rough is the terrain getting to camp? Would I be able to drag a trailer out to where you guys are gonna be camping? Would need to find someone to split fuel cost with. But if I can, I'll bring my toy hauler out so we could have a fridge/ freezer, music, bbq, ect.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #24
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsk8air2 View Post
Ahhhhh!!!!! I keep seeing stuff about this event. Want to go. How rough is the terrain getting to camp? Would I be able to drag a trailer out to where you guys are gonna be camping? Would need to find someone to split fuel cost with. But if I can, I'll bring my toy hauler out so we could have a fridge/ freezer, music, bbq, ect.
People pull all sorts of campers to where we camp, it's literally a fire road leading to camp, you can get there with a civic if you wanted to.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #25
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
If I can switch shifts would it be better to camp Friday night or Saturday night after the race?
Old 05-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #26
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Camping Saturday night would be best. Race ends at 11pm and party starts after the race.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #27
how hard can it be?
snowsk8air2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
snowsk8air2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
People pull all sorts of campers to where we camp, it's literally a fire road leading to camp, you can get there with a civic if you wanted to.
perfect. now to find someone to split gas
Old 05-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #28
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan Blagg
desert guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post

We'll be pitting/chasing for the 1556 buggy

Big chance for TW to have one of the larger camps

Edit: we will also be supporting DesertGuy!
Thanks
I will keep you guys updated with me racing. I am having a little trouble getting off of work since its Memorial weekend. I need to race this one to keep my points lead and I can use the help.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #29
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrom View Post
If I can switch shifts would it be better to camp Friday night or Saturday night after the race?
Camp Saturday so you can drink your ass off after the race!!

Here's a little tidbit for you guys

A big Johnson Valley secret is breakfest at the community center! Its put on by the locals every Saturday morning and I'll garuntee it will be one of the best breakfests you'll ever have for under 5 bucks . If anyone camps Friday night and wake up early enough to catch it before the race I suggest to do it..located about twenty minutes from Bessemer mine road. All the rock crawler clubs hit that place up for break fest before hitting the trails since its literally 10 minutes from The Hammers..
Old 05-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #30
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

A big Johnson Valley secret is breakfest at the community center! Its put on by the locals every Saturday morning and I'll garuntee it will be one of the best breakfests you'll ever have for under 5 bucks . If anyone camps Friday night and wake up early enough to catch it before the race I suggest to do it..located about twenty minutes from Bessemer mine road. All the rock crawler clubs hit that place up for break fest before hitting the trails since its literally 10 minutes from The Hammers..
So much wisdoms on this forum!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #31
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

It's not a secret if you tell everyone!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #32
Dezert Lovers Unite
Engage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Engage Marketing
Engage Offroad's Tacoma Gallery
we will defenitly be up their, everyone is welcome at our pits, also we will be pre-running this weekend if anyone wants to join us
Old 05-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #33
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:

hmmm, much better idea than eating my soggy Jack in the Crack tacos. Im down!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #34
Dezert Lovers Unite
Engage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Engage Marketing
Engage Offroad's Tacoma Gallery
and the prep beggins....
Old 05-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #35

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
So there is a chance I can make it out sat and Sunday! Don't think the truck will be in the shop yet so ill be useless in that sence but will bring the camera and a light just incase.
I'm probably riding out by myself and don't have a race radio yet, should I try to get one installed before the race or do you think ill be able to find the Tw crew ok without one?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #36
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrom View Post
So there is a chance I can make it out sat and Sunday! Don't think the truck will be in the shop yet so ill be useless in that sence but will bring the camera and a light just incase.
I'm probably riding out by myself and don't have a race radio yet, should I try to get one installed before the race or do you think ill be able to find the Tw crew ok without one?
Obviously having a race radio will be nice but not entirely necessary.. as soon as a location is set in stone someone will post up GPS coordinates and/or a landmark such as next to a race team who will have flags and banners everywhere. There's is also 4g signal on the lakebed . So either way we'll get you there!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #37

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect! Hopefully ill have the radio by than but with my schedule wasn't 100% sure. Got the days off but still am stuck on call but that's better than nothing.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #38
pelon is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
pelon's Tacoma Gallery
I will be out there. I am not sure where I will be camping. But it is all good. I am like a hobo with my roof top tent I can camp where the truck stops.

I am also going out tis Saturday 5/11/13. I will be out there around 4 pm and will camp out with some beers.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #39
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelon View Post
I will be out there. I am not sure where I will be camping. But it is all good. I am like a hobo with my roof top tent I can camp where the truck stops.

I am also going out tis Saturday 5/11/13. I will be out there around 4 pm and will camp out with some beers.
Hope to see you out there Brian.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #40
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

where ever we set up camp friday night, I will post up the exact GPS coordinates, which you can then punch into google earth or whatever navi system you have to get to. It wont be far off Bessemer mine road, which should show up on all gps units.