Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

New lift, with no where to install!

Old 05-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
SD2GATaco is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: RYAN
SD2GATaco's Tacoma Gallery
Talking New lift, with no where to install!

This is my first post on TW but I've been following the site for some time now! Great place to find out a lot of information! My situation... I bought a brand new 2013 Tacoma DC 4x4 8 months ago right before I left for deployment, I also purchased a toytec 3" lift and TC UCA's, now that I'm returning from deployment I wanted to install all of this but being in the military I dont currently own a lot of tools nor have a good location to do the install myself which I am all about because shops are to high! I was wondering if any of you fine gentlemen out there would be willing to help me in my current situation or tell me when a mod day in SoCal is going down? Thank you!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
tacosteven is on a distinguished road

Name: steven
tacosteven's Tacoma Gallery
You don't have an auto hobby shop on your installation? If you don't, maybe there is one around you that does? Their rates are pretty good and if you don't have the tools/space they will be the cheapest option... unless you can find people on here.
p.s. I'm not familiar with your area
Old 05-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Phillip
lowcountrytj's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully someone close by will lend a hand...good folks in here. Wrong coast for me to help. Shoot over to Ga and we will knock it out!Thank you for your service.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Man I would think there is a shop on base for you to get it done or you do it with some help. If there isn't one I know there is one on Camp Pendelton. There are a lot of shops around your area too. I'd offer up a little bit of help but I don't think you want to come to the desert 3 hrs away.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Dezert Lovers Unite
Engage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Engage Marketing
Engage Offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD2GATaco View Post
This is my first post on TW but I've been following the site for some time now! Great place to find out a lot of information! My situation... I bought a brand new 2013 Tacoma DC 4x4 8 months ago right before I left for deployment, I also purchased a toytec 3" lift and TC UCA's, now that I'm returning from deployment I wanted to install all of this but being in the military I dont currently own a lot of tools nor have a good location to do the install myself which I am all about because shops are to high! I was wondering if any of you fine gentlemen out there would be willing to help me in my current situation or tell me when a mod day in SoCal is going down? Thank you!
Post up an "Install Meet and Greet" contact "Gregero" they did a "Install Meet and Greet" to install his front suspension.....and it whent great...im sure the TW peeps will all join in to help ya out in SD
Old 05-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Don't go to a shop, do it yourself with the help of others. You will learn alot by doing it yourself, there are plenty of TW peeps down in SD area.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
Navy:
Thanks for all the help! I'll look into a auto hobby installation on base! Im sure there is one around here some where.. If not I guess I'll wait for a mod day to roll through San Diego!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AD3 86-89 VX-5 China Lake
Name: Tom
Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD2GATaco View Post
Thanks for all the help! I'll look into a auto hobby installation on base! Im sure there is one around here some where.. If not I guess I'll wait for a mod day to roll through San Diego!
Dude....Traveler gave you a direct link to the auto hobby shop on Pendleton. Heck you can call them and I bet they can give you a number to one in the SD area if there is one.
13 Area | Bldg 13191
Shop (760) 725-5963
Old 05-10-2013, 02:32 AM   #10
Navy:
I googled it, turns out the biggest one in California is on the naval base! Looks like I'll be going there!
Old 05-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #11
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
If that doesnt pan out let me know if you would like me to install, I do a lot of work on members vehicles here in SD all the way up to LA. I have a home/shop and am equipped to do anything including welding and tube bending.

My rates are very fair if your interested.

-Jason
Old 05-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #12
Socal Tacoma
boopie is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Ramon
boopie's Tacoma Gallery
Hobby shop in 32nd is nice, they are willing to help with whatever you are gonna tackle. Just depends on what you want from them. A hydraulic lift is $3 or $4, an hour if I remember right. Getting a stall is cheaper. You can get it all done at the hobby shop. There's also one in north island, but they aren't open ad much as 32nd st.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:48 AM   #13
Dfm155 is on a distinguished road
Dfm155's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty much in the same boat you are. I talked to some of my buddies that got lifted Rams, they said Preston's Tire and Wheel in La Mesa is pretty good. I'm gonna check them out when I get home.

http://prestonstire.com
Old 06-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #14
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopie View Post
Hobby shop in 32nd is nice, they are willing to help with whatever you are gonna tackle. Just depends on what you want from them. A hydraulic lift is $3 or $4, an hour if I remember right. Getting a stall is cheaper. You can get it all done at the hobby shop. There's also one in north island, but they aren't open ad much as 32nd st.
I used the 32nd st auto hobby. Very helpful. Op, you get your lift installed?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:30 AM   #15
tacotacoburrito is on a distinguished road
tacotacoburrito's Tacoma Gallery
Miramar Auto Hobby is pretty nice as well. Get there early though.