Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Does this kind of place exist?

Old 05-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
PhillipL is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: California Highway Patrol
Name: Phillip
PhillipL's Tacoma Gallery
Question Does this kind of place exist?

Hi everyone, Is there any place that will rent tools and space for you to work on your own cars in Socal near SGV? I'm looking for a place like that to make working on my car easier. I sometimes need specialty tools or run into a problem which always makes the work longer than I expected. It would be even better if they have a lift and other equipment. Something like a self-serve garage or DIY garage. Any info would be very helpful.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, Pep Boys, Autozone, O'reilley. They'll let you borrow specialty tools. My experience has been, you put the tool on a credit card as collateral, and when you return it, the charge is removed.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #4
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Never ever seen one in SoCal, and like Brunes mentioned, it's because they are so difficult to insure. Think of all the liability implications that can be caused by allowing amateurs to lift a 3 ton block of steel 6 feet into the air lol.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:38 AM   #5
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
There was one mentioned in this forum just a week ago.

It's in Baldwin Park. http://www.urdreamgarage.com/
Old 05-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
Thanks for the link DDD, think I will go check them out...
Old 05-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
Yeah, but my mom lives in Pomona so I guessI can use the trip to her house as an excuse to check out that place... lol
Old 05-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #10
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
baldwin park pretty far from Simi valley.
Ya but look what he wrote in the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipL View Post
in Socal near SGV?
San Gabriel Valley? Maybe he ment to write SFV, not sure.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #11
Yup should have been SFV... damn F & G keys are too close to each other...
Old 05-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #12
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I made a business plan for one and it just wasn't feasible up here... The insurance is RIDICULOUS. I have heard of them though in a few places nonetheless
Old 05-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #13
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Every military installation has one
Old 06-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #14
Ok, I went to check out that "Your Dream Garage" yesterday to do my brakes. Kinda out of the way for me but it gave me an excuse to visit my mom who lives a couple miles from there. Anyway, I tell you what, this place is legit. I rented a bay with a lift for an hour with no problems what so ever. This place has every tool you can imagine. From tire mounting machines to hand and air tools to high end scan tools... The place is clean, well lit and easy to get to. If you are in or around the Los Angeles area and need a place to work on your car, you cant beat this place... I told the guys there I would spread the word for them so here is a shameless plug on their behalf.. Check them out @ urdreamgarage.com
Old 06-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #15
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Every military installation has one
X2!

The one I work on allows government employees use them