Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Any good shops that do diff work near 90621?

Old 05-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
jacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jacob
jacobigindi's Tacoma Gallery
Any good shops that do diff work near 90621?

Hey guys, so i'm thinking of regearing to 4.10's pretty soon and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good shops around the Buena Park area that do diff work. Also, on kind of a side note, if I'm going to have about 40,000 miles on the truck by the time I regear, should I buy a master install kit or would I be fine with my original parts?
Thanks!
Old 05-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
mpleitez will become famous soon enough
mpleitez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobigindi View Post
Hey guys, so i'm thinking of regearing to 4.10's pretty soon and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good shops around the Buena Park area that do diff work. Also, on kind of a side note, should I buy a master install kit for the gears or would I be fine with my original parts?
Thanks!

Yotamasters and ask for Eric. Master install kit will depend on how many miles are currently on your vehicle.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
I went to Hooper's Rear Ends in Sunland. I heard about them fron a guy on the forums and couldn't be happier. They were also $1000 cheaper than Yotamasters who I've heard nothing but good things about. But $1000 is $1000 and the end result was the same.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:41 PM   #4
jacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver taco View Post
I went to Hooper's Rear Ends in Sunland. I heard about them fron a guy on the forums and couldn't be happier. They were also $1000 cheaper than Yotamasters who I've heard nothing but good things about. But $1000 is $1000 and the end result was the same.
$1000 cheaper?! how much would an install run me to begin with?
Old 05-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
4x4runner2002 is a jewel in the rough4x4runner2002 is a jewel in the rough4x4runner2002 is a jewel in the rough4x4runner2002 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Zach
4x4runner2002's Tacoma Gallery
i had heard nothing but good things about hoopers till i went there. I told him i wanted 4.56s front and rear. Long story short he put 4.88s and i got horrible mileage for a year till i decided to sell the truck and went to sell the gears and physically saw that he put the wrong gears in. I went back in and he didnt want to do anything to compensate me for installing the wrong gears. I called the bureau of automative repair and they told me to tell him that i contacted them and was about to file a formal complaint. After that he then brought cash to my door that night for the incorrect parts.

so yes they do good labor(never leaked and locker worked before and after), but just make sure you know what gears you are getting.

you could always go with east coast gear supply, thats what ill be doing next time and just swap pumpkins myself.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpleitez View Post
Yotamasters and ask for Eric. Master install kit will depend on how many miles are currently on your vehicle.
Very much agree go to this guy he know his stuff. He put my gears and lockers in.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #8

So it looks like I'll be going with yotamasters then. Anyone mind giving me a ballpark figure as to how much you paid for the regear?
Old 05-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #9
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobigindi View Post
$1000 cheaper?! how much would an install run me to begin with?
I'm not sure. I'm a 4x. Yotamasters quoted me around $2300 out the door. And if I could spare the extra cash I would have went with them. I have heard nothing but good things about them. But for me, Hoopers was closer and charged me $1350 out the door. I felt it was worth the gamble.