Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Easy Trailing in Socal

Old 06-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
Easy Trailing in Socal

Hey guys i'm looking into taking the truck out and getting it a little dirty, thing is i'm only 17 and don;t have...well any experience ahaa. My dad will probably be going also and he has some but I was wondering if anyone knew of some simple and not to extreme trails in Socal. I'm in Long Beach and I don't want to have to go extremely far. Any spots?

Or if there is a thread with a list of trails in Socal with the difficulty of each one that would be cool.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
How about starting with driving up to the top of Saddleback. It's a pretty long drive too... not too hard.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
How about starting with driving up to the top of Saddleback. It's a pretty long drive too... not too hard.
Hmm that actually looks pretty good! Thanks man!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
pelon is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
pelon's Tacoma Gallery
Try the Cleghorn run this Saturday. it has plenty of bypasses
Old 06-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelon View Post
Try the Cleghorn run this Saturday. it has plenty of bypasses
X2

I wish it was closer, I haven't been there in 15yrs or so.

But its over a gas tank each way......u guys have fun and stay safe!
Old 06-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #6
BlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud of
Navy: EM1 Coastal Warfare
BlackSportD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BlackSportD
I've only been to Azusa, seems pretty easy because you can choose from a wide array of challenges, and if you get stuck there seems to always be someone near by with a good rig and lines ready to help.

I did see a Chevy Avalanche stuck in the second river crossing (has to be crossed to get into the "park") but he had street rims and tires (low profile bling) and I could swear I didn't see his front tires spinning when trying to get out before someone towed him, so maybe he BS'ed about having 4x4 (park staff usually asks if you have it).