Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

No more Mall Crawling...but :(

Old 06-10-2013, 01:00 AM   #21
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Dude are you kidding me if I get a scratch in my truck I buff it out buy man you never have gone off reading that's why I have a quad for the hard core stuff! If I break something on it I will fix it but my truck is my family driver so only the easy stuff for her
Old 06-10-2013, 01:02 AM   #22
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
You gonna repaint the truck every time you scratch it?

Stay in school.
Seriously. Overreacted man, that's gunna cost you. Everyone feels that way when you first break in the truck. It goes away though and I bet you could have gotten most of those scratches out
Old 06-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #23
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
I completely agree with everyone else.

please don't take that truck off the pavement any more if you are going to repaint it every time you run into a damn bush. A good cut and buff and clay bar could save most of the scratches I bet. What is your dad going to say the next time you come back with scratches for another 600 dollar paint job.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:26 AM   #24
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Crazy
Old 06-10-2013, 02:29 AM   #25
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Don't get it repainted, just get the scratches buffed out. Anywhere that does good paint repair can do it no problem. My buddy works at carmax and fixed this without any repainting .......
The camera does not even do this fuc*** justice! should see it in person, along with the whole rest of the truck! Then agin gid drilled holes by the windshield to mount lights, instead of getting the hood hinge brackets so i donít think he is worried about scratches. He also spend way to much time in mud or should i say lakes....

i have quite a bit of scratches but most are hard to see since the truck is silver. also it got keyed like 13 days after i got it, both passenger doors never did get it repainted. i need to take a paint pin to them. they have been there for over 2 years now. I donít really care about scratches any more, hell i have some from hunting, and some from hauling brush off.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:59 AM   #26
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
The camera does not even do this fuc*** justice! should see it in person, along with the whole rest of the truck! Then agin gid drilled holes by the windshield to mount lights, instead of getting the hood hinge brackets so i donít think he is worried about scratches. He also spend way to much time in mud or should i say lakes....

i have quite a bit of scratches but most are hard to see since the truck is silver. also it got keyed like 13 days after i got it, both passenger doors never did get it repainted. i need to take a paint pin to them. they have been there for over 2 years now. I donít really care about scratches any more, hell i have some from hunting, and some from hauling brush off.
Yeah my truck is scratched to hell. I wish it wasn't sometimes but then again I like it cause it makes me feel like I use my truck for the purpose I intended it for. Like others have said, the hardest part is trying to cope with that first scratch. Then every scratch you get after that makes u forget about the previous one and before u know it, you don't know which scratch to care about. If you don't want scratches then don't use your truck like its intended. Keep it strictly a street queen and hope no one randomly decides to fuck it up for you.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #27
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Why even bother?

It's a truck. It's supposed to get dirty and do work. Scratches come with the territory.

Either way, to each their own.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #28
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If the OP wants to keep his new truck scratch free, more power to him. If I see someone bashing him for his decision, their TW career will be cut short.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #29
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Save the $. It only gets more

Scratched mine from headlight to tail the 1st week I had the truck. Its still there
Old 06-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #30
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman117 View Post
Thats cool that you can get it re-painted.
My dad would've said "Sucks to be you."
Ha ha, mine too. My Taco's got lots of scratches, all from the old owner. Some of them are pretty bad- worse than a little ol pinstriping. I'd have to get the whole truck repainted if I did anything, and that's not happening.
If you're going to keep going out trail riding/rock crawling, etc, I wouldn't even bother repainting. Just call it character, and leave it at that.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #31
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
The kid is fortunate enough to have his dad help him out and get the truck repainted; I would assume Dad is proud to be able to help by dropping the cash to repaint. Itís obvious to me money is not really an issue.

Can't really say anything bad about the OP at all, I just wish I had parents like this when I was 17. Shoot the truck too; man I couldn't imagine having that truck at 17. My first car was a pile of crap 1983 Honda CRX that was rusted out and smelled like vomit on the inside. Mowed lawns and saved up to buy it.

OP next time bring a buddy, sounds like you did a solo trip with the prerunner. You come across a tight situation like this make your buddy guide you though or have him hold the brush out of the way. Dad hooked you up this time, but if this happens again he may throw in the towel
Old 06-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #32
andrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2 Battalion 4th Marines
Name: ANDREW
andrew8404's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, those scratches are nothing. I felt the same way when I got my 2012 scratched up but now I don't even care because it's so much fun offroading. The first scratch is always the hardest. And like the others said it only adds character.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #33
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
I own a white truck for a reason. Props for bein a spoiled brat though!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #34
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If the OP wants to keep his new truck scratch free, more power to him. If I see someone bashing him for his decision, their TW career will be cut short.
Thanks sir.
And I don't plan on repainting every time I scratch. It was very significant for my first time and and my dad decided to give me a break.
And with the different things you guys have suggested next time I do that I'll have some better alternatives than the paint job
Old 06-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #35
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
The kid is fortunate enough to have his dad help him out and get the truck repainted; I would assume Dad is proud to be able to help by dropping the cash to repaint. Itís obvious to me money is not really an issue.

Can't really say anything bad about the OP at all, I just wish I had parents like this when I was 17. Shoot the truck too; man I couldn't imagine having that truck at 17. My first car was a pile of crap 1983 Honda CRX that was rusted out and smelled like vomit on the inside. Mowed lawns and saved up to buy it.

OP next time bring a buddy, sounds like you did a solo trip with the prerunner. You come across a tight situation like this make your buddy guide you though or have him hold the brush out of the way. Dad hooked you up this time, but if this happens again he may throw in the towel
I appreciate that man, and thanks for the advice. I just don't really know anybody that would be down to go with me on these easy trails.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #36
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
I own a white truck for a reason. Props for bein a spoiled brat though!
Was that really necessary?
Old 06-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #37
nucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
nucktaco's Tacoma Gallery
not gona shit talk you for repainting it cause at least your wheelin the truck.

600 bucks is hella cheap to repaint the side of the vehicle. is someone doing it in their backyard?

personally i wouldnt repaint but you werent asking for opinions from what i read. good trip report though.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #38
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallhertaco11 View Post
I appreciate that man, and thanks for the advice. I just don't really know anybody that would be down to go with me on these easy trails.
There was a trail run right by there up CLeghorn that 17 trucks went on and 70% of those were 2wd trucks that sustained no damage. There are plenty of people doing runs on easy trails around here. There are runs up Santiago Peak all the time and that trail is very easy.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #39
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
If you plan on offroading your truck you just need to accept the fact its going to get scratched up and worse than that eventually it just happens lol.

I finally accepted that fact now I just see minor battle scars on mine
Old 06-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #40
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Change title to No More Offroading...back to the Mall.