Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

CLEGHORN NIGHT RUN!!!!

Old 06-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #21
Custom User Title
Dawson 5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dawson
Dawson 5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbassd View Post
You can look into getting the hand held ham radios
Where do you buy ham radios?
Old 06-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #24
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
Ham Radio Outlet
933 N Euclid St.
Anaheim, CA 92801

http://www.hamradio.com/

Got my handheld and antenna there and they work great. They are pretty helpful if you go in or you can order online. Just tell them what you are using it for and they wont try to oversell you.
Nice
Old 06-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #25
Custom User Title

Quote:
CLEGHORN NIGHT RUN
WE ARE MEETING AT CLEGHORN RD OFF THE 15 FREEWAY TOWARD BARSTOW
THE MEET TIME IS 7:00pm
THE DATE IS SATURDAY JULY 20

REQUIREMENTS

-CB OR HAM RADIO(you can still come if you dont have one but i recommend that you do not take bypasses if you do not have one)
-OFF ROAD LIGHTS, OR ATLEAST HIDS

1.CBASSD
2.SUPRATRIPPY
3.GARCM39
4.TROWBOCOP(MAYBE)
5.lpheat22
6.proforce
7.airdog
8.dawson5
9.kevin blue fj
10.andrew8404
11.wildlandtaco
What ham radio do you have?
Old 06-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #26
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Yeasu FT-7900R with a Diamond Antenna. Most guys run ICOM or Yeasu and some have Kenwoods. I personally don't like the Kenwoods, they feel cheap. Love my radio, but its not cheap. Got it on sale plus the antenna and cable for $400. Above mine is the FT-8900R which has 2 tuners so you can listen to 2 separate frequencies at the same time, even on different bands. Kinda cool if you actually use it, but for general off road use its not necessary really. Most people get basic units like the ICOM 2800 or yeasu 1900. They work just as good, but have limited options. Still more than enough for general off road trips like these and are a fraction of the price. You can find a decent unit brand new with antenna and cables for $200.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #28
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Handheld is awesome to save money and so you don't have to put antennas on the truck and stuff. And you can bring it with you if you get out to spot someone, or walk off the trail for whatever reason, or you ride with someone else who doesn't have a radio... Lots of good reasons to get a portable handheld. Only down side is the power and range. Still work great for Offroad where everyone is generally close together, but for distance use and trying to hit repeaters and stuff... Not so much. So its kind of a trade off. Wanna get a handheld to have as a backup to my mobile unit
Old 06-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #29
cbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to all

Name: sebastian
cbassd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver taco View Post
I'm gonna try to make this one.
Sweet ill put you on the list just let me know if you can't make it
Old 06-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #30
cbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to all

cbassd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson 5 View Post
What ham radio do you have?
Hey Anthony can you answer this one for me haha
Old 06-19-2013, 12:06 AM   #31
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Hey Anthony can you answer this one for me haha
I think yours is the Yeasu FT-1900 or the 2900. But I think 1900. Or 1800 lol. Idk its one of the basic yeasu models.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #33
Thin Blue Line

That's pretty sweet actually! Didn't know you could do that. Dam now I want a handheld lol. But I use my mobile unit literally every single day so I don't regret buying it. Works fantastic!! And the size is perfect as well. I guess they both have benefits
Old 06-19-2013, 03:14 AM   #35
urrutiadan32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
urrutiadan32's Tacoma Gallery
interesting! Don't Have Any Requirements Though
Old 06-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #36
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
I have the Yaesu FT-60 handheld. I'm sure there are better but it does the job for me.
Did you do the mod for Tx?
Old 06-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #38

cbassd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrutiadan32 View Post
interesting! Don't Have Any Requirements Though
Come join us you will
Be fine just don't take any of the bypasses
Old 06-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #39
urrutiadan32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
urrutiadan32's Tacoma Gallery
cool , i'm in!