Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

2001 tacoma and legal problems

Old 06-20-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
ludeaddict is on a distinguished road
ludeaddict's Tacoma Gallery
2001 tacoma and legal problems

i really could not think of another title to my thread. Please read the full story and comment.

So had a 2001 toyota tacoma for sale clean title. It had 104k miles, it was in really clean condition, SR5 model, rear locker, all electrical no mechanical problems, Clean carfax. I was asking $9500 for it. My bother has a "friend" that works\owns a used car dealer. My brother's friend offered to sell the truck for the asking price. I agreed to it. My brother's friend finally found a buyer for the truck for $9200. I agreed to it and my brother said he would take care of the rest. I signed the pink slip and gave it to my brother. I guess my brother gave the pink slip to his friend at the dealership. At this point we have not received payment for the truck except two checks one for $4000 and one for $5000. Both checks have bounced. The checks are being issued by the dealer and not the financing company. What actions can i take to get the money for my truck? is there anything i can do legally?

Before any one comments i know my brother and I are idiots, but we have never dealt with a situation like this before. My brother trusted his "friend" and now i dont know what to do except get a lawyer.

I am located in North County San Diego if that makes any difference.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
In the first place why the heck would you give it to a dealer instead of selling it yourself
Old 06-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
ludeaddict is on a distinguished road
ludeaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
In the first place why the heck would you give it to a dealer instead of selling it yourself
Very good question. My brother convinced and i trusted he would take care of it the correct way. But now i am stuck in this situation and i need advice as to what would be the best way to deal with it.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Well I would go get a lawyer and seek legal counsel or if you have friends in gangs then you could go mess up the fools
Old 06-21-2013, 12:53 AM   #5
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
If the checks were mailed, get the postmaster involved and file criminal charges for fraud for the bounced checks.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:24 AM   #6
Kauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Cav Troop XO, 1LT
Kauai Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Rich is right...that is mail fraud. Also, local PD should be called and report possible grand theft. What is the Dealership saying? Who is the owner and have you talked to him?
Old 06-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #7
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Even though it happens all the time, writing a bad check is a crime. So you have that much so far. Do you have anything in writing for this deal?

If you need "assistance" to help "persuade" the dealer to pay you, I may know some people willing to help.... For a price of course JK JK... Or am I
Old 06-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #8
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Call the police & file a report and have them pay the dealer a visit. Also, stand in front of the dealer with boycott signs, seriously. That will get his attention.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #9
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
If the checks were mailed, get the postmaster involved and file criminal charges for fraud for the bounced checks.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #10
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Even though it happens all the time, writing a bad check is a crime.
Yup.

And if the checks were mailed, that makes it a Federal crime.