Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Is tacoma a good family vehicle?

Old 07-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #41
hurley842002 has a spectacular aura abouthurley842002 has a spectacular aura abouthurley842002 has a spectacular aura about

Law Enforcement:
Name: Dan
hurley842002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie213 View Post
Two jack Russell terriers but just thinking about having two car seats in the back is giving doubts.
For what it's worth we just had our first baby, so I opted to get rid of my "squirrly" Jeep Cherokee for an 02 double cab. I'm completely confident it will be fine with another car seat when the time comes. I plan to get either a canvas topper or a hard topper that will likely only be used for longer trips, much more usable cargo space than any SUV or mini van, and perfect for dogs.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #42
Charlie213 is on a distinguished road

Charlie213's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
This. And there is wild variation depending on location and options. Not sure what you mean 32,500 with 1k down? Does that mean total 33,500?

My 4x4 double cab trd sport with nav/jbl etc was 35 otd for ref, at a super high volume store.
He said it was the base model for a 4x4 DCLB which doesn't included trd sport package. I live in Pasadena, California. He said 32,500 not including the 1k downpayment.

Options included:
V6 Tow Package 21 for Off-Road Package includes Class-IV towing receiver hitch, transmission and supplemental oil coolers, 130-amp alternator, heavy duty battery, 7-pin connector with converter, Trailer-Sway Control (TSC) 22 [TO]
SR5 Extra Value Package (Savings of up to $430): Power outside mirrors, remote keyless entry system, cruise control, variable intermittent windshield wipers, chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper, sliding rear window with privacy glass, bucket seats with driver lumbar support, SR5 fabric trim, metallic-toned instrument panel trim, leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio controls and shifter, dual sun visors with mirrors and extenders, tailgate-handle integrated backup camera 6 linked to an auto-dimming mirror with monitor and outside temperature gauge, SR5 badge. [SL]
Old 07-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #43
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
Apples and oranges. Your wife wants a car, you want a truck. Both excellant family choices. If you never leave the dry pavement or haul anything I would say the van for price, mpg and comfort/ease. If you are going to anything other than haul the kids to soccer practice and take road trips I would get the truck. I'd rather have a 4dr truck with a cap on a 4ft bed than an suv. PS I have two exploders, I speak from experience. Good luck with the wife.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #44
Tang98 is on a distinguished road
Tang98's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He said it was the base model for a 4x4 DCLB which doesn't included trd sport package. I live in Pasadena, California. He said 32,500 not including the 1k downpayment.

Options included:
V6 Tow Package 21 for Off-Road Package includes Class-IV towing receiver hitch, transmission and supplemental oil coolers, 130-amp alternator, heavy duty battery, 7-pin connector with converter, Trailer-Sway Control (TSC) 22 [TO]
SR5 Extra Value Package (Savings of up to $430): Power outside mirrors, remote keyless entry system, cruise control, variable intermittent windshield wipers, chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper, sliding rear window with privacy glass, bucket seats with driver lumbar support, SR5 fabric trim, metallic-toned instrument panel trim, leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio controls and shifter, dual sun visors with mirrors and extenders, tailgate-handle integrated backup camera 6 linked to an auto-dimming mirror with monitor and outside temperature gauge, SR5 badge. [SL]
Really? I see 4x4 base with sr5 and towing package at Longo going for $31, 590... or does the 32,500 your talking about include tax, licence, ect.
http://www.longotoyota.com/commercia...88f9e1150f.htm
Old 07-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #45
Charlie213 is on a distinguished road

Charlie213's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tang98 View Post
Really? I see 4x4 base with sr5 and towing package at Longo going for $31, 590... or does the 32,500 your talking about include tax, licence, ect.
http://www.longotoyota.com/commercia...88f9e1150f.htm
Yes, it's including tax, titles, etc. he said 32,500 out the door.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #46
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1st gen tacoma and its perfect for our family and for me. everything I do to it I gotta keep my 3 girls in mind, but I dont mind. I dont like driving in the wifes CRV so we take my truck everywhere when were all together. I have a 7 year old and 1.5 year old and the car seat is not an issue. The rear facing seats take up more space but I think your 1 year old is getting close to having a front facing car seat? Either way the car seats are not an issue. I'd imagine you probably getting a bigger 2nd gen that you would have a little more space.

As for the dogs, JRT are small enough to sit in the middle set or on the floor. You could get a Topper and throw them in the bed, open the sliding glass window and have them go back and forth from bed to cabin.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:57 AM   #47
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
I have a 1st gen tacoma and its perfect for our family and for me. everything I do to it I gotta keep my 3 girls in mind, but I dont mind. I dont like driving in the wifes CRV so we take my truck everywhere when were all together. I have a 7 year old and 1.5 year old and the car seat is not an issue. The rear facing seats take up more space but I think your 1 year old is getting close to having a front facing car seat? Either way the car seats are not an issue. I'd imagine you probably getting a bigger 2nd gen that you would have a little more space.

As for the dogs, JRT are small enough to sit in the middle set or on the floor. You could get a Topper and throw them in the bed, open the sliding glass window and have them go back and forth from bed to cabin.
I looked up the difference between a 2nd access cab and a 1st gen crew cab because I want a Xrunner something fierce but have two kids. The 2nd gen access cab is 4in (2 front 2 rear) difference in leg room from the first gen crew cab. FYI
Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #48
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Options included:
If you are in SoCal you HAVE to go to Longo. Call and ask for Internet sales and tell them you want a quote emailed to you for whatever truck you see on their website you want and tell then you want it for $100 over invoice. I did that, they did it with no fuss and I got the exact truck I wanted. Great experience and I THOUGHT i knew what a high volume store was before I went there. Awesome place.