Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

New to SoCal - Thousand Oaks/LA

Old 07-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
ZeroFMN.com
tamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tamer
tamer's Tacoma Gallery
New to SoCal - Thousand Oaks/LA

Hey everyone, just wanted to say hello. I'm moving to Thousand Oaks next week from Michigan, I think there is actually a member on here who I'll be living with. He's got a 2nd Gen and this roommate has a 1st Gen. I'm friends with his roommate, Scott.

Anyways, I'll be working in LA, definitely not looking forward to the commute, but I'll be riding the dual sport, so hopefully that cuts down on my time.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamer View Post
Hey everyone, just wanted to say hello. I'm moving to Thousand Oaks next week from Michigan, I think there is actually a member on here who I'll be living with. He's got a 2nd Gen and this roommate has a 1st Gen. I'm friends with his roommate, Scott.

Anyways, I'll be working in LA, definitely not looking forward to the commute, but I'll be riding the dual sport, so hopefully that cuts down on my time.
Sweet!! Pics when you move! Iv'e never seen Thousand Oaks.
What is your line of work?
Old 07-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Just don't die. LA drivers are nuts. And bring your shorts it'll be warm haha.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Welcome...yeah, just be careful riding out here. Drivers out here dont look twice.
Im 5 minutes from thousand oaks...great town.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
ZeroFMN.com
tamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tamer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone, I'll post up pics of the rig and bike when I get out there. I do hear drivers suck, although I'm not sure they can be any worse than Michigan drivers, haha.

I work in Bioengineering/Injury Biomechanics, just got a job at USC doing research, hopefully should be starting my PhD in the next year or so, I'm pretty excited!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
Calabasas is definitely a nice area to be living in. You got some awesome roads down the street from you if you want some twistys for that dual sport. Also you'll have Button Willow and Willow Springs for that R6
Old 07-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hey tamer,

Welcome to California! You should feel right at home here because Democrats run this state, too!

Lanesplitting is legal here which should help your long commute into town. And you are going to LOVE riding the canyons here! If you want a refreshing alternative to the boring ride down the 101 freeway to USC, cut over to the coast over one of the winding canyon roads and go down Pacific Coast Highway 1 and then take the 10 into town.

I ride a supermoto and follow one rule. I only lanesplit vehicles that are not moving or barely creeping. Too many guys have gotten whacked by drivers suddenly changing lanes with no warning.

Greg
Old 07-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
ZeroFMN.com

tamer's Tacoma Gallery
I'm hitting the road tomorrow morning. Got the uhaul all loaded up and the bike in the bed. I'll post some pics in the AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjimenRR View Post
Calabasas is definitely a nice area to be living in. You got some awesome roads down the street from you if you want some twistys for that dual sport. Also you'll have Button Willow and Willow Springs for that R6
Thanks for the input, I'm definitely excited about all the roads going south to the 1 freeway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Hey tamer,

Welcome to California! You should feel right at home here because Democrats run this state, too!

Lanesplitting is legal here which should help your long commute into town. And you are going to LOVE riding the canyons here! If you want a refreshing alternative to the boring ride down the 101 freeway to USC, cut over to the coast over one of the winding canyon roads and go down Pacific Coast Highway 1 and then take the 10 into town.

I ride a supermoto and follow one rule. I only lanesplit vehicles that are not moving or barely creeping. Too many guys have gotten whacked by drivers suddenly changing lanes with no warning.

Greg
Thanks Greg, one thing I'm going to miss is my guns. I sold all 4, they were all CA illegal unfortunately.

I think your lane splitting theory is something I will use, I'd rather be safe than splat. What supermoto do you ride? I used to have a DRZ400SM, I really miss it, I think I might snag another after I get settled out there.

If you are ever up for a ride, hit me up!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #10
ZeroFMN.com

tamer's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #12
RobbySkateboard is on a distinguished road
Name: Robby
RobbySkateboard's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Thousand Oaks! Is that an xr500 I see there too?
Old 07-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #13
sodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant future

sodoscott's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to traffic jam world :P specially 3-7pm,
Old 07-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #14
ZeroFMN.com

tamer's Tacoma Gallery
^or so I've heard, not excited about that. I can barely handle Detroit traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
I live in agoura hills I'm close if you need help pm me
I think I'm all set, but I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbySkateboard View Post
I live in Thousand Oaks! Is that an xr500 I see there too?
Close, '93 XR650L, the thing is old but a riot!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #15
I just bought myself an xr650r about 6 months ago, love the thing, it moves!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:02 AM   #16
ZeroFMN.com

tamer's Tacoma Gallery
Man I'm jelly, the Rs haul ass, we will have to go for a ride sometime.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #17
yeah, I'm stoked on my r, street legal and everything. yeah, we'll have to cruise sometime, lots of cool canyons around here down to the beach.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #18
ZeroFMN.com

tamer's Tacoma Gallery
Had a pretty awesome trip out. Spent a few days at Breckenridge and did some climbing, since I've been here I hiked boney mountain (trailhead is 5 min from my house) and did a little scoot on the PCH. Overall I like it alot more than I was expecting, the commute isn't so bad.

My truck got attacked by a bear at Breck: