Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Video of Prewitt Ridge, Nacimiento-Fergusson Road

Old 07-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Video of Prewitt Ridge, Nacimiento-Fergusson Road

This is neat, My wife and I took her little sister and her boyfriend up camping in Big Sur. They took this awesome video of the drive down (fully loaded) following my truck down. The video starts around 3000 feet in the hot sun, goes all the way down through the fog layer to sea level. Original video is ~50 mins but this is sped up 420%. The road was MUCH better this time which sucks because more people can get up it now that it's been graded and hasn't washed out much yet.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152587759470942
Old 07-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
pbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Colton
pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
This is neat, My wife and I took her little sister and her boyfriend up camping in Big Sur. They took this awesome video of the drive down (fully loaded) following my truck down. The video starts around 3000 feet in the hot sun, goes all the way down through the fog layer to sea level. Original video is ~50 mins but this is sped up 420%. The road was MUCH better this time which sucks because more people can get up it now that it's been graded and hasn't washed out much yet.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152587759470942
Nice vid. Isn't Prewitt Ridge just awesome? I don't know how much you guys explored but there are also a few more semi-hidden camp spots along Naci-Fergusson further South. Some of the most incredible sunsets and cloud formations I've seen are from that ridge.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbcolt View Post
Nice vid. Isn't Prewitt Ridge just awesome? I don't know how much you guys explored but there are also a few more semi-hidden camp spots along Naci-Fergusson further South. Some of the most incredible sunsets and cloud formations I've seen are from that ridge.
i agree. just amazing views up there. this was our fourth trip, previous ones were in 2 different jeeps, and once on my old bmw r1200gs motorcycle. im a bit bummed they tamed the roads a bit, but still amazing... i prefer harder to reach spots, im not looking to compete with honda civics to get up there.