Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

The Truck Shop - Suspension and more..

Old 03-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
The Truck Shop - Suspension, Performance and maintenance for Toyotas

Ask for James and tell him that "Tree" sent you!!!

The Truck Shop -James Ederer, founder and owner of The Truck Shop is a 2nd generation mechanic and manages a specialized team of experienced auto mechanics, race mechanics and fabricators.

The Truck Shop will also do regular maintenance for Toyota/Lexus/Scion. He has great prices and knows his stuff.

Address
8660 Miramar Road
San Diego, CA 92126

Phone
Tel (858) 408-0314
thetruckshop@sdtruckshop.com

Hours
Mon - Fri: 10:00 - 6:00
Sat: 10:00 -2pm (By Appointment)
Sun: closed

Website
www.sdtruckshop.com

Some review from members
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ven...san-diego.html

For Custom Rock Sliders
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...-diego-ca.html

Built Right UCAs - Special $489

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ight-ucas.html
Old 04-08-2009, 12:49 AM   #2
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I just got 5100s installed at all 4 corners on my Tundra from James. I love them. Great service. Honest and he knows his stuff. I highly recommend him for anything Toyota. If you are looking for someone closer to north county for install and parts...check him out.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
how much did it caost for the 5100's for labor
Old 04-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #4

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
They are the same as everyone else about 150 for the front and 150 for the rear. I bought mine there and it was $550 to install which included the alignment. It might be a little different for Tacomas. I would call him and ask. Tell him that "Tree" referred you and he will help you out. He was great customer service and and a trusted shop. Good luck.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
ya that seems too much orw was trying to tell me they would install them for 170 in front and 170 for rear

thats more than the shocks!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #6

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
He might give you a deal. My tundra shocks where more but he gave me the lower price. Most places do it for 150 so ORW doing it for 170 higher. He is trusted so I go with him. You get what you pay for...
Old 04-10-2009, 07:23 AM   #7
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
for sure... im shopping!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:45 AM   #8

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Are u shopping for just the shocks? shocks and install? Just install? Call him and tell him your best offer and if he can do it great. Might not be the cheapest in town...There will be people to low ball you...but I can tell you that his work is very good.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
The truck shop seems to have the lower price on a lot of parts compared to ORW which is a rip off on a large scale of parts. I don't know about their service line so I don't want to speak there but for the most part I'd rather go to the truck shop for most parts before ORW.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #10
Yep im that Peejay..
peejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nice

Navy:
Name: PJ
peejay's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

James is good people. He's done work on my truck a couple times. There is also Tony out at express performance center in santee.. Ive dealt with tony for years..He'll give you an honest deal. Either way James run's a good shop up there. You will get an honest deal from either of the 2. Way way way better then ORW or 4wheel parts. If they can make the numbers make sense, they'll do it for you.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #12
Yep im that Peejay..
peejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nice

Navy:
peejay's Tacoma Gallery
No worries bro.. Its ExpressPerforamance center... at the 67 and magnolia... Tony does good work. And like i said if he can make the numbers make sense he'll give you a sweet deal....
Old 04-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #13
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Dejavu we were just talking about this peejay im always willing to see people work and refer fellow tacoma owners to them.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #14
Yep im that Peejay..

Navy:
peejay's Tacoma Gallery
Put it out there for people.. So they dont just get stuck going to ORW or $wheel parts. Not to put those places down.. They charge insane prices for the simplest work.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #15
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribing.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #16
Crimedog is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Crimedog's Tacoma Gallery
I agree

I agree with everything you said. These guys are pros. I had my 08 Taco in last week because it was making an electrical whining sound at 1500 rpm. The Toyota guys in Honolulu had the truck for a week and could not figure it out. I got here and took it to James. He gave me a 4Runner to drive and figured the problem in an hour (it was the TRD Cold Air Kit).
They are installing a new suspension to replace SQUEAKY lift fit I have now. I will use these guys from now on.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:59 AM   #17

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my Kings installed at The Truck Shop.

Still a great place to get work done. He will likely be doing my Sliders as well when I have the money.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:50 AM   #18
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice TRI. How do the KINGS Run? How much they charge you to install those bad boys!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #19
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Common Tri, we're waiting on a response. Can't wait to see your truck again.