Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

CORRAL CANYON RUN 08/31

Old 08-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
99desertrunner will become famous soon enough

99desertrunner's Tacoma Gallery
CORRAL CANYON RUN 08/31

Corral canyon run!

When: Aug 31st

Time: 10:00 am

Meet up: the rest area off highway 8, the exit for the rest area is the same as corral canyon and it well be on your left.
Buckman Springs Rd
Campo, CA 91906 ‎

Trails: We’ll be doing all the difficult trails except bronco connecter ( requires 35 and locked both F & R)
Requirement: 4wd, Rear Locker, sliders, and a min of 33’s, and lifted Note: the main trail can be done in 2wd with at least tires and a lift.

Who’s Going:
1. 04desertrunner and plus 1
2. Broker - camping Saturday and Sunday night
3. Kraze - Camping Saturday and Sunday night
4. 4Running Daily

Camping: Some of the members we be camping at the location, if you have any questions about camp pm them or post it here.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Which trails are you going to run ? I may if I get new cv's
I don't really know maybe bronco hill and sidewinder but will see when we get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
I may be down but I'm 2wd locked are most trails 4x4 only
the main road can be done in 2wd but the trails are 4wd only
Old 08-12-2013, 12:42 AM   #5
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
Wildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
Wildlandtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Either way I'd still be down to take the main road and explore. I've been wanting to go down there for a while now
Old 08-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99desertrunner View Post
I don't really know maybe bronco hill and sidewinder but will see when we get there.

the main road can be done in 2wd but the trails are 4wd only
Well depending how armored up you are , i'm on slides & thats about it & dont know if you've been on sidewinder or bronco peak before or lately but i know sidewinder is waaay more chewed up & has some rocks exposed that like to chip away at your transfercase but it's doable i think, I know some 2nd gens went out there 2 months ago & 3 of them had some pretty bent up driveshafts going up the slide IIRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Either way I'd still be down to take the main road and explore. I've been wanting to go down there for a while now

You could def. run the TDS loop (in both directions as long as it's dry) & you should check it out if you've never been, we even have members from AZ & other states roll out with us to CC , alot of fun ,decent challenge for prerunners, very scenic with oaks along the way
Old 08-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #8

[QUOTE=4WD;7283971]Well depending how armored up you are , i'm on slides & thats about it & dont know if you've been on sidewinder or bronco peak before or lately but i know sidewinder is waaay more chewed up & has some rocks exposed that like to chip away at your transfercase but it's doable i think, I know some 2nd gens went out there 2 months ago & 3 of them had some pretty bent up driveshafts going up the slide IIRC

I've been to CC but mostly on quads or dirt bikes, never been on bronco or sidewinder, but Me and the other runner have sliders, 33's, and lockers on the rear.

lastly what time would work best for you guys? 10 am?
Old 08-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #10
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=99desertrunner;7285318]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Well depending how armored up you are , i'm on slides & thats about it & dont know if you've been on sidewinder or bronco peak before or lately but i know sidewinder is waaay more chewed up & has some rocks exposed that like to chip away at your transfercase but it's doable i think, I know some 2nd gens went out there 2 months ago & 3 of them had some pretty bent up driveshafts going up the slide IIRC

I've been to CC but mostly on quads or dirt bikes, never been on bronco or sidewinder, but Me and the other runner have sliders, 33's, and lockers on the rear.

lastly what time would work best for you guys? 10 am?
We've done quite a few runs out there usually meet up at about 8:00-8:30 at the little gas station in Pine Valley/Frosty Cone mostly because it gets warm early & even then usually a straggler or 2 plus once you get to the CC turn off you're still about 8+ miles from four corners (staging area)

& don't know anyones skill level but for reference Bronco Peak/Bronco Flats/Sidewinder are single black diamond rated trails (advanced) Not trying to discourage anyone but its only fair to let people know what to expect & there is NO SHAME in declining to do these trails , I've done the peak/bronco flats/& part of sidewinder & they're all a little hairball...but fun, expect some pin striping too, especially if 2nd gen (longer/wider)

The 2wd when dry outer loop (TDS) turns to 4x slop when wet & i wouldn't even consider doing the rated trails then, rocks gotta be dry..
Old 08-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #12
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be down to roll with the 2WD's . Maybe afterwords we can go to the desert and show what the 2WD's are good for
Old 08-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #15
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post

PS Is that a Go-pro on a mini helicopter thing lol???
Old 08-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #17
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here's some guys from my shop at Bronco Peak connector.

Just say "NO" to the connector...

unless completely caged & locked front/rear with 35"'s min....

Better yet an old single cab solid axle 'yota with afore mentioned MODS, minus doors would be ok too...
Old 08-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #18
Quote:
The Rebel Off Road drone cam
That's frikkin awesome!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #19
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
Wildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
Wildlandtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
I'd be down to roll with the 2WD's . Maybe afterwords we can go to the desert and show what the 2WD's are good for
Lets do it. I don't mind some extra pin stripes and I got sliders so I might try some hard trails. But most likely ill take it easy cuz Im a 3+ hour drive
Old 08-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #20
I'll stick to the main easy trail, but once that's done, lets get whoever wants to go, out to the desert for an evening/night run! I might even be down for the some camping