Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

last minute Big Bear run Aug 24th

Old 08-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
Custom User Title
Dawson 5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dawson
Dawson 5's Tacoma Gallery
last minute Big Bear run Aug 24th

last minute Big Bear run this saturday on Gold and White Mountain trails at 9am.

4x4 required.

Locker recommended.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Hmmmm... Where you meeting up?
Either the beginning of Gold Mountain or maybe meet at the discovery center.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmmm.....maybe
Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Could you do this Sunday??? for ppl

Information

Also known as 3N69, the Gold Mountain Trail heads up from Big Pine Flat Trail to the peak of Gold Mountain. This trail is rated "Most Difficult" by the Forest Service, and should only be attempted in high-clearance vehicles. There are several challenging rock gardens towards the top of the mountain. Part of the trail has a bypass known as 3N69A that is more difficult.
This trail is in the Big Bear area of the San Bernardino National Forest. It starts off of highway 18 on the east end of Big Bear Lake Google Map, and meets up with the Big Pine Flat Trail (3N16) Google Map near Holcomb Valley.
[edit] Directions
Old 08-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Quote:

Information

Also known as 3N69, the Gold Mountain Trail heads up from Big Pine Flat Trail to the peak of Gold Mountain. This trail is rated "Most Gnar" by Forest Service Officer Brappy McGnarGnar, and should only be attempted by vehicles equipped with rancho spacer lifts and smittybilt tube steps. There are several challenging rock gardens towards the top of the mountain. Part of the trail has a bypass known as Brappy Pass that is more difficult.
This trail is in the Big Bear area of the San Bernardino National Forest. It starts off of highway 18 on the east end of Big Bear Lake Google Map, and meets up with the Big Pine Flat Trail (3N16) Google Map near Holcomb Valley.
[edit] Directions
You edited that....
Old 08-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #9
Custom User Title

Quote:

Information

Also known as 3N69, the Gold Mountain Trail heads up from Big Pine Flat Trail to the peak of Gold Mountain. This trail is rated "Most Difficult" by the Forest Service, and should only be attempted in high-clearance vehicles. There are several challenging rock gardens towards the top of the mountain. Part of the trail has a bypass known as 3N69A that is more difficult.
[edit] Directions
i have plans on sunday.

I'm going either way, but it'd be nice to have a group.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #10
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
How would a 4x4 lifted open/open no armor fair?
Old 08-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #11
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Quote:
no i just copied and pasted it.
Read what I quoted slippery nipples
Old 08-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #13
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
How would a 4x4 lifted open/open no armor fair?
I only have sliders.

Last time I did these trails I had an open/open 4Runner stay with me all day.

I've seen trucks on the trail without sliders, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #16
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
You edited that....
Hahaha awesome
Old 08-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #17
Custom User Title

I am going