Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Official Mojave run September 20, 21 & 22

Old 08-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Official Mojave run September 20, 21 & 22

ULike we do twice a year we are now planning our Fall run.

The plan:

Pre-meeting spot: I live 3 miles off the 15 fwy at Baseline so if anyone is interested please be at my house by 2pm but you can arrive earlier if you want. If you need firewood, come to my house. I need to cut it up so let me know if you're going to stop by. PM me for my address. We'll leave at 2:30pm, pick up my sons from school which is right up the street and head to the first meeting spot.

First meeting spot: Will be at the Fontana AM/PM gas station off the 15 fwy at Sierra Blvd. at 3pm. Please be gassed up (your gas tank) and ready to leave at 3pm. For those that are meeting there we will caravan to the Arco gas station in Barstow off Outlet Center Dr.

The second & last meeting spot: will be at the Arco gas station off Outlet Center Dr. in Barstow at 4pm SHARP. We will top off gas tanks, ice up and head out. We've decided we want to do a night run to camp that is why we're leaving at 4pm. From Barstow we'll head to camp through the Mojave desert. My estimates have us at camp between 10pm-11pm assuming there are no delays or breakdowns. You will need additional lights up front because it's pitch black out there and headlights won't cut it. HID's and/or LED's will be perfect.

Stock trucks are fine, mid travel trucks are perfect and long travel trucks are even better. We will not leave anyone behind even if you drive slow. Usually the LT trucks drive faster and eventually pull over and wait for the rest of the crew.

Friday: Leave Barstow and head into the desert. We won't be making any sight-seeing stops due to the time and darkness. We will cut across the freeway and we will be stopping in Baker to get more gas and/or food. From there we'll head back into the desert and make our way to camp.

Saturday: We'll eat a good breakfast and wake up slowly since Friday might be a long night. Once we're ready to leave, around 10am or so, we'll head out and hit all of our sight-seeing spots throughout the Mojave. In the late afternoon we'll start making our way to stateline for a nice dinner. Depending on the time we leave there it might be dark so that should be fun to run back to camp in the dark. We'll get settled in at camp and get drunk around the fire.

Sunday: We'll pack up camp, leave around 9am and make our way back down Mojave Rd towards Barstow. We'll hit a few sight-seeing spots along the way so the new guys can see some history.

Note: Women, children and law enforcement will be with us so please keep the weed at home and no drinking and driving.

What you need:

- Plenty of water. It's hot and dry in the desert and you'll be drinking more water than you think.
- HAM/Race radio channel 153.110.
- We really don't use CB's but one or two guys might have them but it will be difficult to communicate and listen for call outs in the road if we're going at high speeds.
- Tow strap with at least one shackle. If someone is stuck to the axles, we'll need all tow straps. Yes, this has happened in the past.
- GPS
- 10 gallons extra gas minimum but 15 gallons will be plenty.
- Firewood for two nights or you can not sit by the fire and cuddle
- Matches/lighters
- Tent
- Sleeping bag
- Lanterns/flashlights
- Food/drink to last 3 days
- Toilet paper and baby wipes
- Camera
- Spare parts
- Full size spare tire (at least 1)
- Set of tools
- At least $20 in cash in small denominations (for campgrounds)
- First aid kit

*Note, we do not run CB but if you don't have a race radio you can still attend but you won't be in communication with anyone else.

Please sign up only if you actually intend on coming.

During the Spring run we got pulled over for not having a permit because we had over 7 trucks. My name was put in their database for the warning they gave me. The fine is too steep so if we have over 7 trucks sign up we will need a permit for this run. The cost of the permit is $69 (used to be $55). If you choose to sign up there will be a $10 fee to cover your portion of the permit. If we have less than 7 guys your money will be returned to you since there is no fee required for less than 7 trucks. If we have over 7 trucks a portion of your money will be returned to you depending on the amount of people we have show up.

Please PM me for my paypal address for you to send the money. Please do not wait until the last minute because it takes two weeks to get the approval from the NPS. If we have less than 7 trucks with two weeks left till the run I will cut off sign-ups once we hit 6 trucks. I don't want to deal with getting a permit with less than two weeks.

Anyone who has been on this run can tell you it's definitely worth every penny spent.

Please make sure your truck is in good running condition.

Here are some pictures from the past runs.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ic-thread.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...16-9-18-a.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...cs-videos.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...-pics-vid.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...lots-pics.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...un-2011-a.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...-run-pics.html

YOU MUST BRING FIREWOOD FOR TWO NIGHTS!

1. Johnnie
2. Johnnie guest
3. RecklessTaco
4. Vitang
5. NoSoup4You
6. Supratrippy
7. DDD
8. Greg
9. sebs99taco
Old 08-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Put Andy and I down as maybe like always hahah.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Will- you, Andy & the family are part of the OG mojave crew. Hope you guys make it.

1. Johnnie
2. FixedTRD
3. LTFJ
Old 08-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #6
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
SoCalRoadie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm currently at 90% yes. Truck should be fixed just in time to break it again out there. XD
Old 08-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #7

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Jim, who's fixing your truck?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:40 AM   #8
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #9
vitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vitang's Tacoma Gallery
Johnnie

Count me in. My truck is ready to go woohoo.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #10

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitang View Post
Johnnie

Count me in. My truck is ready to go woohoo.
Sweet!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #11
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
Have fun guys! Like Johnnie said, pre trip your truck and make sure it is in good working order.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #12
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
Jim, who's fixing your truck?
It's at SMP fixing the frame and getting a new bed cage. And Engage has spindles sitting in their shop waiting for me to swing by and pick them up.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #13

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRoadie View Post
It's at SMP fixing the frame and getting a new bed cage. And Engage has spindles sitting in their shop waiting for me to swing by and pick them up.
Hurry up and get them installed. It's not like you're out of town all the time.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #14
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down as tentative yes .. as long as I don't get scheduled out of town that week
Old 08-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #15
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Will- you, Andy & the family are part of the OG mojave crew. Hope you guys make it.

1. Johnnie
2. FixedTRD
3. LTFJ

Good to know .. Looks like all the OG Mojave crew are the only ones signing up on this run hahah.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Hurry up and get them installed. It's not like you're out of town all the time.
I fly to Toronto on monday...
Old 08-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #18
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Please make sure your truck is in good running condition.
No last minute Jiffy Lube oil changes either!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #19
ntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ntydog13's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a maybe if I do there will be another truck with me
Old 08-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #20
supratrippy is a glorious beacon of lightsupratrippy is a glorious beacon of lightsupratrippy is a glorious beacon of lightsupratrippy is a glorious beacon of lightsupratrippy is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Rex
supratrippy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down and ill be bringing another buddy in a 4runner