Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Joshua Tree Labor Day Weekend Exploring

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #42
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
there are still a lot of parts we didnt explore. Old Dale Mine District is a lot rougher than we anticipated. The trails were all rough and rocky. Most of my time was in 4LO. We had to turn back from a lot of mines because it was just too technical and not worth the risk to get there.

Next trip is going to have to be:
- 4x4 mandatory (locker preferred)
- min. 2" lift
- min. 33" tires
- engine, tranny skids
- LT is not preferred (way too wide)
Old 09-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #43
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
How wide is your engage kit, next time i come to Cali i was planning on exploring this area
Old 09-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #44
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
How wide is your engage kit, next time i come to Cali i was planning on exploring this area
You won't have any problems in that area..my junk fit just fine on everything..i just think Aaron ran out of talent on the technical stuff and got scared...j/k lol
Old 09-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #45
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Theres footage of my cliff side tire slipping off a couple times with my hill side tire scraping at the same time!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #46
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post

Theres footage of my cliff side tire slipping off a couple times with my hill side tire scraping at the same time!
This was a bitching weekend, can't wait to head back out there. We should check out the Eagle Mtn area the next time we all head back out there
Old 09-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #47
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
damn looks like an amazing time! jealous!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #48
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
This was a bitching weekend, can't wait to head back out there. We should check out the Eagle Mtn area the next time we all head back out there
I was thinking the same thing. I want to scout Eagle Mountain next time for sure, my dad wants to come along.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #49
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteupp View Post
damn looks like an amazing time! jealous!
come with us next time we go explore Black Eagle Mountain! You're 4x4
Old 09-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #50
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

I love this pic. You can see us sitting on top of the far wall and later we shot for hours down this area:
Old 09-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #53
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I'll be down once it cools off a bit more.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #54
Power Top

A few more..

Old 09-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #55
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
I'll be down once it cools off a bit more.
Where your pictures at? I know you took a lot more then I did...where they at?
Old 09-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #56
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
Let me know next time you guys go. Im down. I should have just went with you guys. I was worried about the weather and temperature though
Old 09-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #57
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Where your pictures at? I know you took a lot more then I did...where they at?
X2, release the pics Andre!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #58
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon H View Post
Let me know next time you guys go. Im down. I should have just went with you guys. I was worried about the weather and temperature though
I want to go again already haha. Im going to be in Lucerne this weekend for the race. I have Sunday free and Im contemplating doing some more exploring, depending on whether Jen is going to be cool with it or not.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #59
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon H View Post
I thought you had a wedding to go to clown
Old 09-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #60
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

I think some of my favorite moments were when we stopped and hiked. It's nice and refreshing to explore on foot. Need to bring better shoes for next time. My vans didnt protect my feet at all from those sharp rocks. And bring an ankle brace Tom!

Products Discussed in this Thread