Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Joshua Tree Labor Day Weekend Exploring

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #61
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
I think some of my favorite moments were when we stopped and hiked. It's nice and refreshing to explore on foot. Need to bring better shoes for next time. My vans didnt protect my feet at all from those sharp rocks. And bring an ankle brace Tom!
Lol! You all need to invest in some hiking boots.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #62
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
My anxle looks nasty...swollen and black and blue all the way to my toes
Old 09-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #63
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
My anxle looks nasty...swollen and black and blue all the way to my toes
put some ice on that!!! When I played bball in high school i'd submerge my feet in buckets of ice and watch TV at night.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #65
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Where your pictures at? I know you took a lot more then I did...where they at?
Quote:
X2, release the pics Andre!
I need to upload them still
Old 09-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #66
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well then get busy you clown..
Old 09-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #68
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL. I've seen that before somewhere...

Old 09-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #69
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
LOL. I've seen that before somewhere...

Nice!!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #70
chojin is on a distinguished road
chojin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome picture! Is this the black eagle mine road or old dale road?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #71
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chojin View Post
Awesome picture! Is this the black eagle mine road or old dale road?
Old Dale Mine, but an offshoot from it. The coordinates of this picture is:

34.06224, -115.72115
Old 09-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #72
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
I just wanted to say that the pictures were great, I enjoyed them and it looks like you all had a good time. I once tried [2009] to access the Eagle Mountain site (where the large pit mine and ghost town is located). I tried from Black Eagle Mine road through the park. But I was defeated by a boulder which was deliberately placed to block the road. I also understand that the road further up passed the boulder and up the hill was also intentionally destroyed to make motorized traffic impossible. I speculate that this done by the mine owners. Also, it appears that the site is fenced and access is controlled according to the wiki. If anyone takes the time to read this, I think one will find what an amazing piece of history the Eagle Mountain mine site was. It's future is also uncertain...

Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_Mountain,_California

I would gladly join a future expedition to explore out there if I can spare the time.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:21 AM   #73
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

^ have you seen this? This was filmed at Black Eagle Mine this year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEbfteUIkYU
Old 09-06-2013, 01:21 AM   #74
Power Top

Holy crap I want one
Old 09-06-2013, 02:16 AM   #75
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Dont remember seeing any of that.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #76
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^ have you seen this? This was filmed at Black Eagle Mine this year.
Have not seen that before. The Polaris commercial was filmed there but it must have been done with permission from the site owners since the site is fenced off and locked. The polaris commercial at time index 9:38 shows film credits and lists two individuals who served as a site liaisons "Juan Deniz, and Victor Ramos." Maybe searching them out and finding out the details of who they spoke to, gained access, etc.

But as far as I know if you want to go there you must still go through the site owner, and the contact is the attorney:

Terry L. Cook
Executive Vice President, General Counsel
Kaiser Ventures, LLC
Kaiser Eagle Mountain, LLC
760-392-4257

Old 11-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #77
utahskierdave is on a distinguished road
utahskierdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Possibly camp here first night:
33.96808, -115.69323
Pretty sure this is within the park boundaries and might be illegal to camp there...be careful next time!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #78
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

We're planning another Joshua Tree trip soon. Who might want to join us?
Old 01-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #79
Power Top

Quote:
We're planning another Joshua Tree trip soon. Who might want to join us?
Lasts years trip was epic!! This year will be even better
Old 01-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #80
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Lasts years trip was epic!! This year will be even better
Cant wait! I really really want to explore black eagle mine!

Products Discussed in this Thread