Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Joshua Tree Labor Day Weekend Exploring

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Joshua Tree Labor Day Weekend Exploring

What: Off-Roading, Camping, Hiking, Exploring, Drinking, Shooting
When: Saturday August 31 to Monday September 2
Where: Joshua Tree National Park, Old Dale Road, First Mine Located: 33.96808, -115.69323

Participants:
1. blackhawke88
2. whatthepho?
3. monkeyproof
4. taqoma
Old 08-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Would maybe down for a day trip or one night
Old 08-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Good to know about the campsites...im actually more down to find a secluded spot like in a mine and camp, away from other people
Old 08-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I was just out there exploring all weekend with a couple of friends, we didn't go into the joshua tree national park but I talked with a ranger and he said there were a couple of trails to take in the park. We just drove around in the desert towards any hills we saw to try and climb. It was hot outside (108 degrees) but inside the truck stayed nice and cool. Have fun with your trip!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
I live and die by "California Camping" by Tom Stienstra out of Moon Publishing. JT has a few wilderness passes you can get, but it's "park your car here and hike waaaaaay over there." I went a bit past Old Dale Rd & Brooklyn Mine Jeep Trail, and things got shoddy for Old Dale Rd. Lots of places to explore, though!

Hmmmm.....
Old 08-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Thinking about exploring the Northeast regions of the park, where you take either Old Dale Road or Black Eagle Mine Road. The black eagle mine road takes you to Eagle Mountain which looks awesome:
Old 08-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #9
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

What these guys did, is exactly what I want to do:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ining-District
Old 08-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #10
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
Bump fo you aaron. Used to go out there as a kid all the time. great place! Wish I could go. Im committed to a wedding that weekend
Old 08-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #11
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Was out in JT a few weeks ago. My first time there - didn't have my Taco since I was on vacation. That is an awesome place and kept wishing I had my truck and more time. Have fun everybody.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Theres some great trails out there! You'll have fun!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #14
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
How hot was it? 110? 115?

When I went, it was between 100-105. 2 days after I left is when I read that the wave of serious heat was beginning.

IIRC, the southern part of the park is hotter than the northern part.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #16
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
I'm assuming this is not gutless 2wd friendly? I'd like to explore, but will I burn out my clutch out there?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #17
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
What these guys did, is exactly what I want to do:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ining-District
Cool! Yeah, I went by some of that stuff, just didn't go as far. Hmmm.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTaco461 View Post
I'm assuming this is not gutless 2wd friendly? I'd like to explore, but will I burn out my clutch out there?
IIRC what'll matter most is your tires - there are some sharp rocks out there. Then again, my stock Rugged Fails took me far out there. I didn't need 4x4 once.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #18
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

There will be plenty of 4x4 trucks with us to give the 2wds a push or tug.

Im planning on leaving Friday night and finding a camping spot in the mining district. I'll probably find a place on google earth ahead of time and post the coordinates here. I'll be on ham radio throughout the weekend and be able to relay gps coordinates.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #19
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Possibly camp here first night:
33.96808, -115.69323
Old 08-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #20
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

bump, 5 more days, Here is who I have going for now:

1. blackhawke88
2. whatthepho
3. monkeyproof
4. taqoma

Products Discussed in this Thread