Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Looking for help installing Bilstein 5100s

Old 08-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
itsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to behold
itsmekyle's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for help installing Bilstein 5100s

I just got my set of bilsteins in today from DSM. I wanted to see if anyone in the SoCal area that has experience with these would be able to help me install them? It will be the front shocks only, and I can pay you accordingly. I would really like to save some money and avoid paying a shop to do it if possible. Or if you can recommend a shop in the area that will do it for a decent price?

If anyone can, just PM me and let me know!

I am located in Yorba Linda, but can meet up anywhere in Orange County.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
itsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to behold
Thanks I'll let you know if it's not done in a few weeks.

Has anyone here gotten a reasonable quote from a shop in SoCal?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
MGMTaco23 has a spectacular aura aboutMGMTaco23 has a spectacular aura about

MGMTaco23's Tacoma Gallery
*bump*

I am looking for a shop to get some suspension parts ordered and installed. Seems to me the only place around that is reputable is Outlaw Offroad and they are garbage. Last time I was in there one of the "sales" guys was trying to tell me my wheels and tires are round...:facepalm
Old 09-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #5
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
if you want to order parts, there are plenty of vendors on this site. sdhq, downsouth motorsports. depending on what you get, some guys here can do the install for cheaper than any shop. manwithoutaplan or hiatt1991 can help.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
MGMTaco23 has a spectacular aura aboutMGMTaco23 has a spectacular aura about

MGMTaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
if you want to order parts, there are plenty of vendors on this site. sdhq, downsouth motorsports. depending on what you get, some guys here can do the install for cheaper than any shop. manwithoutaplan or hiatt1991 can help.
Awesome I'll contact them. I've been purchasing my parts so far from Down South, they are some great dudes.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:14 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTaco23 View Post
*bump*

I am looking for a shop to get some suspension parts ordered and installed. Seems to me the only place around that is reputable is Outlaw Offroad and they are garbage. Last time I was in there one of the "sales" guys was trying to tell me my wheels and tires are round...:facepalm
If you're ever near anaheim/orange you can get your stuff installed at JBM Motoring. Decent prices and great, fast work. Went to them to have my bilsteins installed.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
how much did they charge?
Old 09-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
I can do them whenever for a great price, I have done 100s of them (no joke)

I have people drive all the way from Arizona to have work done from me.

PM me if you wanna get them knocked out, I can do them while you wait. Doesnt get much easier than that.

I am in Vista (92083) if thats close enough, it would be worth the trip.
PM me if I can help.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
$140 out the door. I was happy with it considering other places wanted $300 plus to install the fronts alone.