Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Destructo Run - Story of Ride yesterday

Old 08-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
Destructo Run - Story of Ride yesterday

Went to Indian Truck Trail yesterday and took my cousin offroading. He is from England and it was his first time to California and it was the highest peak he had ever been on suprisingly...

So I pushed my truck a little harder than normal for fun. Anyways that has seemed to turn out bad!

The CB Wire from the Cab to the Tailgate snapped where the Bed meets the cab. I'm assuming because of high tension break - It was a clean cut. So I had to dismantle that.

The fender flares on the 2012's finally burst off. I busted a few clips here and there from my rides because of tire rub and never any big deal. This time after the ride I looked and thought I could make it home.

Bad idea.

Fender flare whipped back and smacked my passenger door as soon as I accelerated enough to merge onto the 15.

Pulled over. Disassembled my fender flare for the 2012, put them in the cab. Drove home.

Driving along and the Passenger seat belt warning signal is flashing (2012 located near Air Condition Controls) Yet my passenger - "The Brit" - is buckled securely. Then I glance at my dash and notice that the Airbag light indicator is solid red.

So now I am trying to figure out -

What the fuck did I do?!
Old 08-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
I got it taken care of - I went to the dealership and they were able to confirm it was just a false trip. But - they also said they were curious why the air bags didnt deploy. I dunno.

Anyways - All is well now. Also i trimmed my fenders yesterday with a nice cut saw and got some better clearance now. Got them reclipped and good to go.