Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

The Incredibly Kickass Trip To Rowher Flats Tomorrow! 08/25

Old 08-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
The Incredibly Kickass Trip To Rowher Flats Tomorrow! 08/25

What a wonderfully, amazingly, jaw-dropping adventure we're gonna have tomorrow, folks, so come on down and join in the fun at Rowher Flats in the beautiful desert dirt near Santa Clarita!

There are a ton of trails for 4wd, 2wd, and unicycles if you so choose, so come one, come all!

Let's meet at 9am at the first staging area when you take Rush Canyon Rd, and then we can drive to the black diamond trails. I've done the trail once, and saw some pitiful stock Suburban with terrible tires doing the same trail down. By the expression on his face, it looked like a painful trip for him, and I assume his truck burst into flames not long after we passed each other. Which TWer was it that busted their truck on one particular hill here, too?? We should have fun.

Rowher Flats
Exit Rush Canyon Rd off the Sierra hwy.
Staging Area 1 is off Rush Canyon Rd at Texas Canyon Rd.

Sunday August 25th at 9am
There is a picnic location at the top, so bring beer and snacks
http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Rowher_Flat_OHV_Area

This is what happened last time I went:

As you can see, a clown full of fun walked by at the same time I was taking a kickass photo, but it just goes to show how much awesome is at this place.

So far, we may have:
1) carcharias (me)
2) ManWithoutAPlan
3) WildlandTaco
4) Mario & Sigi (maybe)
5) you and your awesome truck? Could it be true? Oh, wow!
Old 08-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
Wildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
Wildlandtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
It was the clown that pushed you over the edge, wasn't it?
Yeah it was. arnt alot of the trails 4x4 I don't think I'll be able todo most of them. Ill be stuck on the main road
Old 08-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

There are too many beefed trucks going, so we won't leave you behind. With that said, there are a number of places to get to the top. Hell, I took a very long, winding, easy road on the backside to get out of the place.

I took Rowher Trail to the top (same trail I saw a stock Suburban coming down), then skipped Lookout Mtn where I believe someone on TW broke something serious. I took an easy road down which lasted for a looong time.

Sierra Pelona Rd, I believe?
Old 08-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully I make it !
Old 08-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
Hopefully I make it !
Do eeeet!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Do it

And mike ill be down but ill take the easy trails
Whole thing isn't as hard it it may sound, but no worries!

A fun fire road meets at Bouquet Canyon & Sierra Pelona Rd. This is the one I took DOWN from the area during the last trip. Many side roads or the easier main one.

EXITING RUSH CANYON ROAD OFF THE SIERRA HWY WILL TAKE YOU TO THE FIRST STAGING AREA WHERE WE'LL MEET. Rush Canyon Rd / Texas Canyon Rd are the cross streets of Staging Area 1.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
Wildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anyone needs help getting there ill be there early off sand canyon if anyone wants to meet up

And mike we going to salsa and beer after the meet right
Old 08-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Quote:
Hmmm. Depending on what time we leave, sure. Was gonna try to catch the Red Sox game at Dodger Stadium at 5pm.
Okay where's Ryan I'm suprised he's not even posting
Old 08-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #13
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Quote:
Probably trying to keep his little Asian love slaves in order. Once one breaks free, they all start trying..... Happened to anyone else here?
Ah I see
Old 08-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #15
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
I was about to RSVP but I just thought about my tires: sport model stockers with 55k on them. And I just installed my cb radio!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #16
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't supposed to be ungodly hot tomorrow. I vote to postpone the trip until it cools down!!! I.e. I get new tires
Old 08-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #17

There's always "next time", but that's why we have A/C in the truck!!

There are usually two sides to this Rowher Trail... one gets bumpy while the other is smoother. Albeit, still an ascent/descent, but at least a bit smoother. Go to an American Tire up in Santa Clarita in the morning!!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #18
Busting hymens since 2014
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I could go. Sounds like this may be "incredibly kickass".

But, I have to work at 1 pm.

If someone gets stuck or needs a repair on the trail let me know, I live just down the street. Juan has my number.