Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

So Cal tint laws

Old 03-08-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
So Cal tint laws

Does anyone happen to know what the tint laws for the front driver and passenger side windows will allow?
Old 03-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
devil01 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
devil01's Tacoma Gallery
that sux man, try here http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/answers.html its the CHP website with the regulations on it. I went through the police academy here in Socal about a year ago and the way to get around this is to have your windows smoked. The CVC section, i forget what it is now, that the cops will cite you for is affixing anything to your windows-including stickers and yes- tint. hope this helps
Old 03-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
There are quite a few posts on this. Nothing affixed to the front side windows, as dark as you want on the rear door windows and dark on the back as long as you have door mirrors.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
LARGE Member
BLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryce
BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
im in socal and ive got a (fix it)ticket for having my windows tinted. FIX IT or pay like $175 or something like that...or do like my friend did when he was younger: pay the ticket, keep the tint on (limo), and in pure spite for the law get anoher layer of limo on top all the way around including the WINDSHIELD! (he had to drive with his head out the window at night)..true story
Old 03-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunesdoestrd View Post
lololol
Old 03-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUVVV View Post
im in socal and ive got a (fix it)ticket for having my windows tinted. FIX IT or pay like $175 or something like that...or do like my friend did when he was younger: pay the ticket, keep the tint on (limo), and in pure spite for the law get anoher layer of limo on top all the way around including the WINDSHIELD! (he had to drive with his head out the window at night)..true story
Wow...your friend is a MORON...Like doesn't deserve to drive a car quality MORON.

I don't necessarily agree with no tint on the fronts- but that's just stupid.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #8
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
why would he do that........
Old 03-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #9
LARGE Member
BLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryce
BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
we were like 16 17ish....i guess dumb and just trying to "stick it to the man"!
Old 03-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #10
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
no tint past the driver & passenger door pilars. period. not even a strip across the top of the front windshield..unless u got eye problems and a note from your Dr.

that being said, they tend to not enforce this too much, unless you get pulled over for something else usually they don't look twice. If you do get ticketed, it's only a $10 fix-it ticket.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #11
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
i was pulled over in huntington beach once... just for the tinted windows. i then had to have my truck inspected so that meant that i had to take off the tint to have the ticket signed off.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:31 PM   #12
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I got pulled over for tint in the front windows fix it ticket signed it off and that was it, but really dont get tint in the front period you are more likely to get pulled over jist like me.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #13
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
maybe u guys need to slow down haha. just messin.

I had my old jetta limo tinted all windows, drove around for a year & a half w/ no problems. finally got pulled over cause my tags were expired, and he wrote me for the windows too. I've had my taco tinted all around for almost a year i think and havent had any problems. ive sat next to cops @ red lights with the windows up. Maybe it just depends on the area..
Old 03-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #14
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
In my case why i got pulled over was just cause they were a little dark i was driving up a hill and the cop was coming down the hill 25mph and he looks at me and flipped a bitch followed me to the top of the hill and pulled me over and tells me, look im not out to get ya and i said then in my mind why did you flip a bitch to come pull me over. cops here suck.