1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

STOLEN in LOS ANGELES: Silver 08 DCLB Tacoma

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Tacolution, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Oct 21, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    Tacolution

Tacolution [OP] Active Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    4x4 DC LB Sport
    Icons, TC UCAs, 5100s, Stubbs Sliders
    Copied over from the 2nd gen forum...(http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...stolen-los-angeles-silver-08-dclb-tacoma.html)

My truck was stolen from West Hollywood sometime this weekend between Saturday morning and Monday morning (checked w/ LAPD, it was not towed).

It is a Silver 2008 Double Cab Long Bed TRD Sport Tacoma with the following mods:
    - Icon Coilovers
    - Total Chaos UCAs
    - American Racing teflon wheels (I forget the model) with 285/70/17 Duratracs
    - Tint front and rear
    - Bilstein 5100's in the rear
    - Stubbs Sliders
    - AAL and tsb leaf in the rear

License plate: 8R25773

Just did a bunch of maintenance on it (of course) and took really good care of that freaking thing. Let me know if you guys have any tips or tricks on this or need any additional info but if you could keep your eyes out for the parts, that would be fantastic. Here are some pics.

IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0344.jpg

2. Jan 31, 2014 at 7:53 AM
    1967FB

1967FB Member

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue
    Stock
    [FONT=&quot]Best wishes finding your truck. A lot of vehicles have had RFID (Chipped) keys since the mid 2000's to immobilize them. My 08 Tacoma Sport has it and the red flashing light to the right of the clock is that security system indicator. Most of the manufacturer systems can be easily bypassed by the pro, anymore. There are far too many stolen vehicles of all sorts for them to be tow jobs. NICB says only about 5-10% might involve towing. Many cars have to be flat-bedded anymore. I had a little known device called Ravelco put on mine very soon after I bought it. I am out in the boonies a lot and can't trust trackers to always have service or power...and there are jammers available for less than $200 that take out these systems completely, GPS, too. Alarms...when was the last time you called the police about a car alarm going off, other than as a nuisance? Check out the testimonials at www.Ravelco.com and see what I mean. [/FONT] Hope the thieves and truck are found soon. Regards.

Products Discussed in

To Top