Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Off-road map of So Cal desert

Old 10-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
93ToyTruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Lee
93ToyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Off-road map of So Cal desert

I created a map of the So Cal desert for off-roading. It was initially of the Ocotillo Wells and Anza-Borrego desert area. I recently expanded the coverage area to include all of San Diego and Imperial counties and the southern part of Riverside county. I created the majority of the data myself and it is the most accurate and up to date map available. 3,700 miles of OHV trails and 2,700 miles of street legal trails.

It's available for Garmin and Lowrance GPS receivers. The Garmin version also works on PC and Mac which is useful for trip planning.

Garmin allows more customization and control of the map than Lowrance. Trails on the Garmin version are color coded to indicate if they're OHV or street legal only. The Lowrance version has all of the same trails but doesn't have the high-res custom graphics or a topo version.

Check out the website for more info or let me know if you have any questions.

Lee

SanDiegoTrailMap.Com
Old 10-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Hello Lee, I use your map on my garmin. Keep up the great work!
Old 10-31-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Classified Ad? Or, is there a link to maps for us on TW to see? Thank you for your skills!
Old 10-31-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
for the iphone app to come out
Old 11-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
93ToyTruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Lee
93ToyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
The Android and iPhone map is done. No internet connection needed.

The Map Coverage pages have maps for some desert areas. I'll be expanding this content soon. Basically more maps, information and waypoints like the Ocotillo Wells and Anza-Borrego pages.

MapCoverage
Old 11-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome that you have the iOS going now!
Do you have any app that you recommend for using the MBTiles on iPad?

I use Motion-X today, not sure if they support this format.