1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trusted dealers in SoCal?

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Flux, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Mar 9, 2015 at 11:41 AM
    Willbeck

Willbeck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Huntington Beach
    Vehicle:
    00 Reg Cab 4x4
    Bug deflector
    So I gave toyota of HB a try, and was not super impressed. The staff was very friendly, and very helpful, but they kind of ignored the things I truly wanted them to fix, and did the basic stuff. They flushed and filled my brake fluid, and did the visual inspection. They wanted in the neighborhood of $530 to do just the front brakes, so I did them myself.

I wanted the idler/tensioner pulleys replaced, but they insisted on doing the belts instead. The chirp I was trying to eliminate is still there, so obviously it wasn't the belts. I'm going to have them do the pulleys now, and eat the labor if that fixes the issue.

I left a less than amazing review in response to the email they sent me after service. Mike the Service Manager called this morning and seems very ernest to make it right. He offered me a loaner car so they can use my truck as an example to the tech, but this truck is not my DD, so they can keep it as long as they need for all I care.

Going to take the tech on a test drive so he can see exactly what the issue is, which they should have done in the first place if they couldn't replicate the problem.

I have an appointment Wednesday, so we shall see. This will either be their redeeming chance worh me, or I'll just take my business elsewhere.

2. Mar 9, 2015 at 11:54 AM
    off road

off road Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Calif
    Vehicle:
    2015 Double Cab TRD OR 4X4 & 2013 Reg Cab Base 4X4
    Just purchased my 5th vehicle from Redlands. I wouldn't say they are wonderful, but they aren't bad either. Younger sales guys seem to be far more knowledgeable about the trucks, than the older ones.

I do my own service, so I can't really rate their service department. Never even had to use them for a warranty issue either, which says a lot about Toyota right there....

3. Mar 10, 2015 at 4:00 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+

Sorry to hear the issue with that dealer. I'd recommend Cabe Toyota in Long Beach. Family owned and all the reviews on Yelp and google is spot on about them. They're the only Toyota dealership I take my truck to if I need work and I'm too lazy to do it myself.

4. Mar 11, 2015 at 4:59 PM
    Willbeck

Willbeck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Huntington Beach
    Vehicle:
    00 Reg Cab 4x4
    Bug deflector
    Hunting Beach Toyota definitely re-deemed themselves. I took the tech for a quick ride, and was able to easily re-produce the squeak. The tech (Navy) actually owns a Tacoma, as does his brother, who he said swapped his pre-runner to 4x4, and has a thread on here somewhere. Nice to see someone that's into the trucks as well.

The service manager Mike actually talked to me for a little while, and was impressed with my little reg cab 4x4 with manual hubs. He commented that he's never actually seen one in person. They took the time to find out what my squeaking/chirping was, and fixed it no charge to me. I'm no longer hesitant to bring it back to them to have it worked on.

5. Mar 18, 2015 at 7:47 PM
    SocalTaco15

SocalTaco15 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Glen
    Socal, Orange County
    Stay the hell away from south coast Toyota in Costa Mesa. Their sales guy was a complete stiff.

I'm happy with my taco, but I excoriated the the sales staff to corporate. So far their service staff has been great, luckily.

6. Mar 18, 2015 at 8:02 PM
    SocalTaco15

SocalTaco15 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Glen
    Socal, Orange County
    Yeah, it was general sales. Their guy never even bothered to tell me what was in the vehicle. He only seemed to care that it was the right color and DC. Honestly, I don't think he knew toyotas. Pretty sad really.

I'll never go there for another Toyota.

7. Mar 31, 2015 at 1:56 PM
    FJ to Taco

FJ to Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Lacey, Wa
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB 4x4 TRD Off Road,Snugtop Rebel
    Bilstein 5100's all around, OME 885's and OME Dakar CS047R Leaf Packs. Snugtop Rebel, pet screens,front slider drop down window. WeatherTech mats. Interior LEDS
    I just purchased a 2015 DCSB 4x4 TRD OR from Tustin Toyota less that 2 weeks ago. I researched dealers after reading this thread. Called Cabe toyota and others. Tustin Toyota gave me the best price and went a got the truck for me by the next day and it was a really good experience in finance , no pressure and it did not take long and got a free lunch. (Subway in house). I recomend them and Michael Tudrick and Tony lam. great guys!
    FJ to Taco....
    Big Bear this weekend !

Dogs%20in%20Tacoma_zpsxyk0jfod_be3c52ec09f3c599e51908b24c2525e061e593b4.jpg

8. Apr 7, 2015 at 9:07 PM
    Spencer

Spencer Future President

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Upland, Chino... all of 909.
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 6cyl Sex Machine
    Redline hood lift, Flyzeye cabin lights, tailgate lock, SPOD Power block, VIAR onboard air, Cobra CB radio, Firestick 4' Antenna, Hot Blonde CoPilot Mod, SIX 9" Hella 4000 HID conversion with external 55W ballasts, Six 6" LED bars, Napier Bed Tent, Mudflaps delete using rocks, Roof rack by Brute force, Rock sliders by Brute force, Bed LED lights, Underhood LED automatic lights, Constant 12V bed plug, Rugged race radio, ICON uniball UCA's, KING 2.5 700 rate coilovers, Deaver rear leaf springs, KING 2.5 resi rear shocks (Flat 0.15 stack on compression shims), Scangauge, Empty wallet Mod Bug disease, AllPro Apex front bumper, On board heat exchange shower & water pump (Heater Core intercept mod), On Board Air - Viair for now, ARB when it dies-, allpro Skids back to gas tank- Tepui RTT on the shittiest "Bed Rack" ever made.... AllPro U Bolt flip kit with timbren bumps NEXT UP- expo leafs & bed rack, hydraulic bumps in rear, Total Chaos stock LCA's w/ Bypass, Rear 12" shock hoop relocate
    Hey second one on here to give thumbs up to Tustin!
    Bastards didn't give me free subway! But they did give me 3.75 Apr so I really can't complain about sammiches haha

FJ to Taco likes this.
  9. May 4, 2015 at 8:38 AM
    FJ to Taco

FJ to Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Lacey, Wa
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB 4x4 TRD Off Road,Snugtop Rebel
    Bilstein 5100's all around, OME 885's and OME Dakar CS047R Leaf Packs. Snugtop Rebel, pet screens,front slider drop down window. WeatherTech mats. Interior LEDS
    Thank's again everyone for the input on this thread... Loving my Tacoma

taco%20and%20FJ%20in%20BB_zps70qswpex_290d4ee2467dd1e3cc8f2457d52aadfe774e9209.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top