1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

**STOLEN TRUCK, PLEASE HELP-$500 REWARD**

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by INFERNAL, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Nov 21, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/pts/4178559730.html

[​IMG]

:confused:

EDIT:

sorry, found a better pic of the rims YOU posted on craigslist......... they look like they have straight holes and not the angled ones in the previous pic... sorry.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. Nov 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    LowerBost

LowerBost Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Sport
    Old Man Emu Lift w/ Dakars and Billsteins, K&N Intake, Throttle Body Space, Front Bull Bar, Side Rails, Painted Stock Rims, Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks, Third Brake Light Cover, Satoshi Grill Mod, BHLM Mod
    SHEESH THEM ARE IT!

3. Nov 21, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    Runn0r

Runn0r Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunn0r
    There is a documentary on netflix called American underworld that follows a Mexican car thief and they show what they do with a vehicle. Basically they will "get an order" from someone wanting XXX vehicle or XXX part and they will drive around....find the vehicle and then part it out. These assholes even went to the junkyard.... replaced the FRAME to get rid of hidden tracking numbers...and re-assembled the vehicle to sell for about 10,000$ All within like 24hrs.. It's pretty ridiculous.

Hope you get your rig back dude. I would be so pissed! I wish hidden real-time GPS tracking did not cost so much or I would have it on all of my vehicles, just for the sake of justice.

4. Nov 21, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    Chipskip

Chipskip N7MCS

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    02 Sequoia
    Another benefit of Ham radio. Lots of people use APRS as cheap lowjack. You can buy small cheap transmitters, set them up once and then hide them in your truck. Has a limited range, unless you are in an area that has a lot of igates & digipeaters, then you can see it on the web.

Downside: its a public broadcast of your location at all times.

5. Nov 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    4runnercaged

4runnercaged Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cody
    arizona
    Vehicle:
    LOL
    98 toyota tacoma, stock
    i texted the OP and unfortunatley they are not it :( his have a bunch more tread

6. Nov 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    Runn0r

Runn0r Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunn0r
    I was reading about APRS awhile back, since I want a Ham tech license. I looked a local APRS map that showed live people around the area. Pretty cool, and not a bad idea.

and yeah the downside is a slight scary. Buttt..if you could engineer a circuit that would use a relay to keep your radio off until triggered by theft, then you could arm it and leave the vehicle. If broken into while armed the relay would power the unit and start the APRS transmission and begin charting.

The problem there is automating the radio to recognize power and then default to APRS mode by itself. That's an engineering nightmare. Would be cool though!

7. Nov 21, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    How much is a vehicle tracking system?

I wish I had a system like in the show "Bait Car". The show where cops plant keys is a vehicle and sit back and watch till someone steals it. Then they shut the entire vehicle down and lock the thieves inside. I want that.

8. Nov 21, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    tacomataco2

tacomataco2 A dude

Member:
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    15’ ACLB
    Some of this Some of that
    Its still missing huh? Sorry to hear op, that would be devastating for me. I hope you get it back in one piece

9. Nov 21, 2013 at 7:12 PM
    Runn0r

Runn0r Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunn0r
    It's really not too hard to engineer now that these cameras and such are really cheap. The
    problem for people like you and me though is that like with shows like Bait car...someone is at the trigger...full time.... in order to trigger the system while you are asleep for a cheap price? without a full-time-live trigger? not impossible but, it would take some insane soldering/programming. Otherwise something like that costs your arm

Products Discussed in

To Top