Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Moving to Long Beach area

Old 01-31-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
somebodyelse5 is on a distinguished road
somebodyelse5's Tacoma Gallery
Moving to Long Beach area

Hey guys!

I just got a job up in the long beach / seal beach area and am looking for some suggestions on areas to live...areas to avoid.... basically I need the scoop.

I am looking for a studio apt, rent in the range of 1100/month and close-ish to the beach. I am young and single, looking to be in a moderately quiet area but still close to restaurants and bars and what not.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:43 PM   #2
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in Seattle and Just applied to a gig at CSULB. I'll probably not end up moving there but just in case I'll lurk on your thread.

If $$ is not an issue of course you should live in Huntington Beach. But who can afford that?
Old 01-31-2014, 03:45 PM   #3
3INVERTED9S is on a distinguished road

3INVERTED9S's Tacoma Gallery
I live in the South Bay of LA. DM me and we can talk. Keep looking and if you have any questions about the areas you find, give me the locations and I will give you honest advise of the neighborhoods. I've lived in LA for 38 years, born and raised. I'm actually not far from LBC, about 15 minute drive for me. When you get here, lets go wheeling!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 04:17 PM   #5
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Dont move here very bad idea, you will want to move out of here in like 5 to 6 years.
this is how i feel about Seattle
Old 02-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3INVERTED9S View Post
I live in the South Bay of LA. DM me and we can talk. Keep looking and if you have any questions about the areas you find, give me the locations and I will give you honest advise of the neighborhoods. I've lived in LA for 38 years, born and raised. I'm actually not far from LBC, about 15 minute drive for me. When you get here, lets go wheeling!!!
Sending you a PM now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Dont move here very bad idea, you will want to move out of here in like 5 to 6 years.
Thats what I have been told.... I know there are some things about AZ I will miss..... seems that cali isnt too firearm friendly
Old 02-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #8
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyelse5 View Post
seems that cali isnt too firearm friendly
It's not.
If i were you i wouldn't move out of AZ, if you love freedom stay in AZ.
If you have a decent job in AZ (IMO) there's no reason to move.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
It's not.
If i were you i wouldn't move out of AZ, if you love freedom stay in AZ.
If you have a decent job in AZ (IMO) there's no reason to move.
Honestly, job was too good to pass up. Great opportunity and I can afford to get a tacoma now... been talking about getting one for years.

Basically I see it as exchanging some rights and the scorching hot summers for the beach, nice weather, and a great opportunity.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #10
3INVERTED9S is on a distinguished road

3INVERTED9S's Tacoma Gallery
It's summer here 95% of the time, and not AZ hot.

The firearms issue I can totally relate to. Cali laws suck. Damn hippies have ruined so much of this great state. From the firearm laws, to the smog laws, and everything in between.

Cali has it's highlights though. Don't know your relationship situation, but the women are the best here. You can surf and snowboard in the same day. The social scene is nonstop fun. The desert is an hour away, so wheeling and camping is very accessible.

The top drawbacks are traffic, cost of living, and egos.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3INVERTED9S View Post
It's summer here 95% of the time, and not AZ hot.

The firearms issue I can totally relate to. Cali laws suck. Damn hippies have ruined so much of this great state. From the firearm laws, to the smog laws, and everything in between.

Cali has it's highlights though. Don't know your relationship situation, but the women are the best here. You can surf and snowboard in the same day. The social scene is nonstop fun. The desert is an hour away, so wheeling and camping is very accessible.

The top drawbacks are traffic, cost of living, and egos.
I am EXCITED! Looking forward to some rock climbing, fishing, and wheeling (with the truck I am soon to get)
Old 02-03-2014, 11:15 PM   #12
surfnmoto2 has a spectacular aura aboutsurfnmoto2 has a spectacular aura aboutsurfnmoto2 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Lee
surfnmoto2's Tacoma Gallery
I've worked the Long Beach area for 25 years. PM me the info and I'll give you the scoop on the street and area your considering. Best of luck on your new gig!
Old 02-03-2014, 11:20 PM   #13
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Huntington Beach is nice, I have lived here for about 30yrs. Very close to Seal Beach and Long Beach....
Old 03-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #14
Hey guys, just wanted to throw an update in here.
Got a place in Seal Beach, all moved in, would love to get together one weekend on a wheeling trip if you guys dont mind a non-taco driver tagging along....
...its still a yota
1999 Land Cruiser with factory rear locker
285/75/R16 BGF A/T (with stock suspension)
factory front mud flaps

Old 03-06-2014, 10:14 AM   #15
Swab
LBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant future

Name: Winter
LBPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ill look for ya this summer. I move back to Long Beach after a three year hiatus for school in nor cal. After 30 years in LB I sure miss it!
Old 03-06-2014, 01:23 PM   #16
Cool man, keep an eye out! Ive got a best in the desert sticker a tige sticker on the back window
Old 03-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #17
Anyone do any fishing out here? Been going off the pier if anyone is interested.