Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Ocotillo wells Shock Tuning trip and beer -march 8,9

Old 02-28-2014, 07:54 PM   #21
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
No idea but I'm pretty sure the one socket size we need won't be there! Assuming it ships on time, we'll be putting Reece's rear lift on & pulling coil overs off / switching valves etc so ima bring the whole garage if I can. I'll bring my jack but I don't have plywood.

Weather looks great for the weekend!

Hahaha poor people out for TDS are gonna be hurting this weekend I was out around salton sea today & the wind was blowing 40 mph with dust and rain all over

Old 02-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #22
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure I have a piece, go to Holmes camp they have a concrete slab. Lol. . I have an impact set that goes over an inch I think, I'll throw that in the truck. Do you want me to bring my tall jack stands? They are around 35"
Old 02-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #23
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
Location: Socal but I am still a Southern Florida guy at heart
TripleThreat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey guys I know TDS is coming & all but if you're free march 8&9, we'll be out in Octillo wells! Meet up with us for some general shenanigans, BBQ & shock tuning. This trip started as an excuse to test out the revalve work my buddy Ryan did to his shocks & grew from there. I'll be testing mine out & bringing shims to swap out till I get it right.
Buy various valve shim sets that fit your shocks, bring all the tools you'll need (basic stuff) and let's get our rigs as perfect as we can! You can only do so much in your garage after all.

Food: BBQ hamburgers, hotdogs, beer

Drinks: beer, also beer

Comms: Shouting loudly, Race radio station "YOKO", & CB ... (TBD- what are the radio frequencies we always use on meets again??)

Tools: if you don't have what you'll need, ask here & make sure it'll be there. **bring twice as much shock oil as you'll need** as this is much easier than limping home on two or three working shocks if you spill what you need.

I'll update this as more is pinned down. I don't expect massive turnout, just figured I'd throw this out to anyone who wants to come. It'll be a good time. And you'll probably learn a couple things in the process.
Im done give me an adress and time and I dont have any tools but I got lots of beer haha ill trade
Old 03-01-2014, 06:51 AM   #24
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AD3 86-89 VX-5 China Lake
Name: Tom
Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Spencer, You do know that King Shocks is in Garden Grove? Give them a call and tell them what you need, shims,oil and whatever else. I just did a lift for a guy who was missing some small parts for his front coil overs. He went down there on Monday morning and got exactly what he needed.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:19 AM   #25
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I know they're right there but I procrastinated so long I worry they won't ship it in 4 days to me. I want to just get down there but of course I'm off to Fresno for work this week!
If anyone happens to wander down there this week you shall be greatly rewarded.
I need a jug of shock oil and I'd like to get a big variety box of shims so I can learn the hard way to what works.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:25 AM   #26
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurymullet View Post
I'm sure I have a piece, go to Holmes camp they have a concrete slab. Lol. . I have an impact set that goes over an inch I think, I'll throw that in the truck. Do you want me to bring my tall jack stands? They are around 35"
The more the merrier I'd rather have more tools than we'll need ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
Im done give me an adress and time and I dont have any tools but I got lots of beer haha ill trade

Haha that's all you need! And a tent.
Oh and firewood too!

Still waiting on RYAN to get us the GPS coordinates come on dude

Weather should be 77 and sunny and low of 55 at night it's gonna be perfect beer and camping weather
Old 03-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #28
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Location just north of 4x4 park, coordinates to be posted today.
You mean truck haven? That's a big difference than octotillio wells.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:35 AM   #29
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AD3 86-89 VX-5 China Lake
Name: Tom
Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I know they're right there but I procrastinated so long I worry they won't ship it in 4 days to me. I want to just get down there but of course I'm off to Fresno for work this week!
If anyone happens to wander down there this week you shall be greatly rewarded.
I need a jug of shock oil and I'd like to get a big variety box of shims so I can learn the hard way to what works.
If you call them up and tell them what you want i'm sure they will box it up for you then I'll gladly swing by during the week and pick it up for you. LMK
Old 03-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #30
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Agh. without having been there I'm really not sure.
This whole trip came about cause Ryan & his friend Pahl we're making a trip to tune & test their valving work and grew from there - I don't think Pahl is on here so I apologize for the delay....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
If you call them up and tell them what you want i'm sure they will box it up for you then I'll gladly swing by during the week and pick it up for you. LMK
Oh hell yes that'd be awesome! I'll call em Monday & let you know.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #31

No big deal. But that area is a crawling area. There is one wash but it is right next to the 4x area on the south side. There might be more. Don't know, I don't really go there. My truck no likey.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #33

Nice. Lol
Old 03-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #34

I'm gonna stay off the 78 or I'll go to super. Nothing against you guys just closer for me and the terrain is geared more for what I'm taking. Esp for a day trip.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #36

Quote:
Do we have a spot yet?
Old 03-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #37
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Agh. without having been there I'm really not sure.
This whole trip came about cause Ryan & his friend Pahl we're making a trip to tune & test their valving work and grew from there - I don't think Pahl is on here so I apologize for the delay....

Oh hell yes that'd be awesome! I'll call em Monday & let you know.

Quote:
No big deal. But that area is a crawling area. There is one wash but it is right next to the 4x area on the south side. There might be more. Don't know, I don't really go there. My truck no likey.

Quote:
I'm gonna stay off the 78 or I'll go to super. Nothing against you guys just closer for me and the terrain is geared more for what I'm taking. Esp for a day trip.

Quote:
Do we have a spot yet?

HEY RYAN FEEL FREE TO CHIME IN ON THIS ONE WHEN IT PLEASES YOU PRINCESS
Old 03-03-2014, 04:27 AM   #38
RyanBelliston is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
RyanBelliston's Tacoma Gallery
We don't have a spot yet. All I know if north of 4x4 park. My buddy Pahl and he friend rock crawl to the extreme. No they do not own tacomas. So he told me they will want to stay somewhat close to the 4x4 park. There are washes that run throughout that whole place so I don't mind where we stay. Will be driving to devils slide, pumpkin patch and some of the other attractions they have to offer all weekend. I was supposed to get coordinates 3 days ago....I have not forgot. To whom that are going...meet at the 4x4 park to be safe

I will get the coordinates before Friday though. Before any of us leave!!
Old 03-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBelliston View Post
We don't have a spot yet. All I know if north of 4x4 park. My buddy Pahl and he friend rock crawl to the extreme. No they do not own tacomas. So he told me they will want to stay somewhat close to the 4x4 park. There are washes that run throughout that whole place so I don't mind where we stay. Will be driving to devils slide, pumpkin patch and some of the other attractions they have to offer all weekend. I was supposed to get coordinates 3 days ago....I have not forgot. To whom that are going...meet at the 4x4 park to be safe

I will get the coordinates before Friday though. Before any of us leave!!
Cool. I'll post up later in the week if I am still going to go since it is in truck haven. It's just a long way for a day trip for me.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:24 PM   #40
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Subd, I'll be heading out