Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Ocotillo wells Shock Tuning trip and beer -march 8,9

Old 03-08-2014, 07:17 PM   #81
Mmmmm... Beer
14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MACS(SW) ret
Name: Shawn
14TACO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-08-2014, 09:57 PM   #82
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14TACO4X4 View Post

saw you drive by this morning right when we left.

we were in mostly non toyota stuff haha
Old 03-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #83
Mmmmm... Beer
14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
saw you drive by this morning right when we left.

we were in mostly non toyota stuff haha
Finally! I've been spotted! haha

Not gonna lie, I regret not finding everyone. It would have been nice to explore with folks who know the area. The maps are helpful, and so are the markers, but when there is no clearly delineated borders and sand is blowing around (as it was in places) it is hard to know if you're on the right track.

I took a wrong turn and ended up in a gully. Fortunately the truck just kept chugging along and I was able to find a way out of it, but by that time I was all turned around and said fuck it.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #84
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Great trip!

Carnage report:
I finally ripped the rest of my fender well plastic off hitting some whoops way too hard
Smashed up my rear quarter panel (now I can justify that high clearance bumper)
Triple threat dented up his exhaust pretty good
Alex had brake issues and blew a wheel bearing

Not too bad!
Dump your Pics here!
Old 03-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #85
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Finally! I've been spotted! haha

Not gonna lie, I regret not finding everyone. It would have been nice to explore with folks who know the area. The maps are helpful, and so are the markers, but when there is no clearly delineated borders and sand is blowing around (as it was in places) it is hard to know if you're on the right track.

I took a wrong turn and ended up in a gully. Fortunately the truck just kept chugging along and I was able to find a way out of it, but by that time I was all turned around and said fuck it.
I followed you from just past the ranger station until a little ways past the gravel ended. But like Leo said, we had 4 vehicles at camp. 2 were tow vehicles, and of the two offroad vehicles we had a Toyota first gen cab. Lol
Old 03-09-2014, 02:38 PM   #86
jeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeffz0rz's Tacoma Gallery
Couldnt tell its a toyota. Till next week that is.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #87
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

heres video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EireBHaurQQ
Old 03-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #88
Mmmmm... Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurymullet View Post
I followed you from just past the ranger station until a little ways past the gravel ended. But like Leo said, we had 4 vehicles at camp. 2 were tow vehicles, and of the two offroad vehicles we had a Toyota first gen cab. Lol
Damn... missed it by THAT much. From the carnage Spencer posted, it's probably just as well I didn't find you all and try to follow you with my brand new truck. If I wrecked it at all I'd have been pissed!

My desire to go off-road is tempered to hills, dunes, washes and such. My truck is stock, not set up to speed through there or jump stuff. Rock crawling and other things that may damage the truck just ain't for me.

I'm gonna go full disclosure here... my truck has already been meticulously cleaned and waxed. Looks new again.

It's in my DNA to take very good care of my vehicles, even though I had a great time out there the extent to which some of you go is way out of my comfort zone.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #89
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
Jeff and I just cruised you would have had been fine with us. Most the fast shots were with Alex.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #90
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Drivers side Dana 35 wheel bearing nut got me later this morning, outer bearing exploded once everything snowballed. Thanks again to Vance, we took the trek out to Brawley to get new bearings and rotor/hubs along with some huge ass burgers combined with some fine ass waitresses. Can't say it was all that bad, just got lucky that I made it to My Desert Rose so I could make sure nothing was stolen.

Leo do you have those clips separate so I can look at them in a bigger resolution. I like to see what I need to do valving wise, other than the obvious, slow that damn rebound down!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #91
Mmmmm... Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurymullet View Post
Jeff and I just cruised you would have had been fine with us. Most the fast shots were with Alex.
Cool. Next time then, if you guys don't mind.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #92
jeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeffz0rz's Tacoma Gallery
Not at all. Im adding valving and spring rates, then ill have a little more pep.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlescars View Post
Drivers side Dana 35 wheel bearing nut got me later this morning, outer bearing exploded once everything snowballed. Thanks again to Vance, we took the trek out to Brawley to get new bearings and rotor/hubs along with some huge ass burgers combined with some fine ass waitresses. Can't say it was all that bad, just got lucky that I made it to My Desert Rose so I could make sure nothing was stolen.

Leo do you have those clips separate so I can look at them in a bigger resolution. I like to see what I need to do valving wise, other than the obvious, slow that damn rebound down!
Yea if I can I'll make a separate video tonight with all the clips I got of you.

If not ill do it first thing when I get home after work
Old 03-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #94
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #95
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
Location: Socal but I am still a Southern Florida guy at heart
TripleThreat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
Hahah go figure you found the truck before we could get back
Old 03-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #96
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
Hahah go figure you found the truck before we could get back
I was airing up and leaving when I found it.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:53 PM   #97
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn... missed it by THAT much. From the carnage Spencer posted, it's probably just as well I didn't find you all and try to follow you with my brand new truck. If I wrecked it at all I'd have been pissed!

My desire to go off-road is tempered to hills, dunes, washes and such. My truck is stock, not set up to speed through there or jump stuff. Rock crawling and other things that may damage the truck just ain't for me.

I'm gonna go full disclosure here... my truck has already been meticulously cleaned and waxed. Looks new again.

It's in my DNA to take very good care of my vehicles, even though I had a great time out there the extent to which some of you go is way out of my comfort zone.

You woulda been fine!
I only smacked my rear end doing something stupid like this
https://www.facebook.com/spencer.kis...52668203463916

Hope the link works!
Triple threat is stock suspension and kept up fine- you'd be amazed at how well these things will do bone stock! Long as you're careful and have some good spotters, you won't even scratch it. Follow us out then leave the really stupid ideas up to us haha
I'm bummed that any people couldn't find us or camp out there! Hope to see you all around at the next meet !
If you're not familiar with ocotillo, make an excuse to get to every meet out there- that place is amazing & there is so much to see there!
Old 03-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #98

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
You woulda been fine!
I only smacked my rear end doing something stupid like this
https://www.facebook.com/spencer.kis...52668203463916

Hope the link works!
Triple threat is stock suspension and kept up fine- you'd be amazed at how well these things will do bone stock! Long as you're careful and have some good spotters, you won't even scratch it. Follow us out then leave the really stupid ideas up to us haha
I'm bummed that any people couldn't find us or camp out there! Hope to see you all around at the next meet !
If you're not familiar with ocotillo, make an excuse to get to every meet out there- that place is amazing & there is so much to see there!
I found you after you told me what washes you were at. lol