Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Where to get a body lift installed in Southern California???

Old 02-26-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
kevinpstier is on a distinguished road
kevinpstier's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Where to get a body lift installed in Southern California???

I have been searching the internet forever and I cant find a place that will install them!
Please don't lecture me about how I shouldnt get a body lift, I have a 5lug that keeps me from raising it anymore.
(5 lug: Total Chaos UCA, Icon 2.5, Deaver leafs, Bilstein 5100s, BFG 31s)

I contacted "SoCalSuspension" and they quoted me $1300! I am looking to spend as least amount of money as possible.

Thanks for the help
Old 02-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the wonderful of word of doing it yourself . Its not hard at all a guy had a great write up on here just search for body lift install.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #3
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
so cal is a large place, where in so cal? and yes, even though a body lift is inexpensive when buying when comes to install most shops charge 500+ for the install.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:41 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid56 View Post
so cal is a large place, where in so cal? and yes, even though a body lift is inexpensive when buying when comes to install most shops charge 500+ for the install.
I'm in Orange County ut wouldnt mind going to Inland empire, San Diego, or Los Angeles. I have been quoted average $1300 on about 4 different shops.
I am wondering if there are third party people that can install this for a less hefty price?
Old 02-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #5
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Since the SoCal chapter is so large, I recommend posting a new thread titled "come help me install...." and offer up lots of beer and pizza. I'm sure you'll find some experienced members here that will help.

$1300 is outrageous. It's only a 3 hour job at most depending on what extras come with the kit.

Good luck.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:31 PM   #6
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
My co-worker went to Sears and got his lift (C/O's, AAL) installed for $750.

There is also SoCal Super Trucks shop in San Bernardino.

He was completely capable of DIY, but he lives in an apartment complex and also wanted the work to be covered by shop warranty
Old 03-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #7
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll post a new thread asking for help!