Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

The Mojave crew is headed south to Ocotillo 4/4-4/6

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2014, 08:21 PM   #101
pimpintacoma will become famous soon enoughpimpintacoma will become famous soon enough
pimpintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The only legal gas can is this anti spill stupid ones that hold barely 5 gallons or big money quick fill ends.
Crap I also forgot my truck needs smogged to be legal out there too grrrrr.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:21 PM   #102
pimpintacoma will become famous soon enoughpimpintacoma will become famous soon enough
pimpintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
There is a gas station and I carry 10 gal on the truck.
That gas is like $6 a gallon right?
Old 03-31-2014, 08:26 PM   #103
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder what the legalities of a siphon are?
Old 03-31-2014, 08:26 PM   #104
from Dirt bike to Dezert Couch
SDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud of

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpintacoma View Post
That gas is like $6 a gallon right?
Not at the am/pm out there
Old 03-31-2014, 08:46 PM   #105
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
It's a fun trip over to Salton Sea to get gas. Either Thule Wash all the way or Powerline Rd. Gas is cheaper there than in SD at this moment.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:19 AM   #106
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
I wonder what the legalities of a siphon are?
I use the illegal cans and a siphon. I've taken the fill tubes off my cans so they are "sealed" for transport. I've never had a problem, but don't go to glamis or OW much. I'm getting closer and closer to putting a fuel station under the flatbed, I have an old vw bus tank also. I've toyed with it for a couple years. If you read the law it says 10 gal or less. 11+ your good???
Old 04-01-2014, 07:35 AM   #107
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Ah the great county of San Diego... gotta be the shittiest place to live. I have no pride in this fucked up, life-thieving city. Buncha fucking hippies.

Anyway- I plan to be there early Friday to secure these coordinates. I hope someone else heads out early so that they can grab one of the other shelters next to the center one. They're right across from a toilet and down the street from some showers for girls like Reckless who can't stand being dirty. I'm gonna give you a call at 10a.m. today, Johnnie- missed your call last night.

Said coordinates: 33.159725, -116.151184

If our spot has been taken and I'm not there, head west down the dirt road towards the ranger station till you see the Cookie Monster.

And yes, we probably WILL be hassled by rangers.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:44 AM   #108
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
It's a fun trip over to Salton Sea to get gas. Either Thule Wash all the way or Powerline Rd. Gas is cheaper there than in SD at this moment.

this Plus the locals are fun to watch...

CARB legal spouts I wouldn't worry about, as there aren't enforceable laws on the books for it. Its a commerce thing only really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
Ah the great county of San Diego... gotta be the shittiest place to live. I have no pride in this fucked up, life-thieving city. Buncha fucking hippies.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:01 AM   #109
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm gonna give you a call at 10a.m. today, Johnnie- missed your call last night.
Sounds good. If I don't answer I'll call you right back.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #110
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Anyway- I plan to be there early Friday to secure these coordinates. I hope someone else heads out early so that they can grab one of the other shelters next to the center one. They're right across from a toilet and down the street from some showers for girls like Reckless who can't stand being dirty. I'm gonna give you a call at 10a.m. today, Johnnie- missed your call last night.

Said coordinates: 33.159725, -116.151184

If our spot has been taken and I'm not there, head west down the dirt road towards the ranger station till you see the Cookie Monster.

And yes, we probably WILL be hassled by rangers.
So not the Cove area, just off Shellreef Expressway? Why will we be hassled by the park rangers? I've been in the park over 20 times this season don't think they have been that bad.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #111
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So not the Cove area, just off Shellreef Expressway? Why will we be hassled by the park rangers? I've been in the park over 20 times this season don't think they have been that bad.
Yeah. Not the cove area- I want to be sure everyone has cell coverage and I'm not sure if everyone will get it in that area.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #112
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
20 TIMES, I need to step my game up.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #113
Rompin Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurymullet View Post
20 TIMES, I need to step my game up.
I think NFS Chris has been out every weekend for the last 8 months lol
Old 04-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #114

Quote:
2 young kids and a wife in retail.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:18 AM   #115
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
As they said don't even need gas cans . There is a gas station close Ampm . Ampm also sells just about all types of alcohol, ice, has a sandwich shop, even light bars and whips.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #116
Rompin Around

Quote:
2 young kids and a wife in retail.
0 young kids and a wife that enjoys free time on the weekend also
Old 04-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #117
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
o kids, Gold to be found, wife with list of projects...
Old 04-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #118
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I missed last weekend...

But I have only been hassled once for my auxiliary lights on while in fish creek.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #119

bubba has gotten 2 warning tickets for no covers on offroad lights on the 78. Same cop a year apart.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #120
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
bubba has gotten 2 warning tickets for no covers on offroad lights on the 78. Same cop a year apart.
I have gotten 2 tickets, no warnings, on the 78 for the same thing, and license plate, and mud flaps, and window tint, and marker light.......

Products Discussed in this Thread