Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Moving to San Diego

Old 03-06-2014, 09:57 PM   #21
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlescars View Post
The further inland you look, the cheaper the rent gets. The best way to compromise is to look for the best price in your range and be on the light side of traffic for your commute (this requires the know how of SD locals to the area).
So if I work at point loma sub base, where do I want to live to lessen the impact of traffic
Old 03-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #22
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post
So if I work at point loma sub base, where do I want to live to lessen the impact of traffic
On base
The 15 freeway (north/south) is very trafficy, 8 (east/west) isn't that bad, and i'm not sure about the 5 (i rarely drive it).

These maps might help
http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist11/d11tmc/...blemareas.html
http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist11/d11tmc/sdmap/showmap.php
Old 03-06-2014, 10:20 PM   #23
skippermike is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
skippermike's Tacoma Gallery
Living in S.D.

There are some condo projects along West Pt. Loma Blvd where I'd bet the rents wouldn't be too bad, as the sale prices are quite low for the area.
Also, there are condos, apartments and small houses in Loma Portal, North of Rosecrans and West of Nimitz - drive in Evergreen from Nimitz and look around. The area is called Tunaville because so many of the tuna fishermen lived there.
Good luck!
Old 03-07-2014, 05:57 AM   #24
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post
Bad thing is the sub base you are up in point loma, lovin' it strong. Thats why I asked a while back which base you where on. You have to run down rosecrans all the way and the base itself is also strung out. It could take you 10-20 min after you exit the freeway. Parking shouldnt be bad since you are a zero, kidding, but that base is tucked away.

Do you know your shift?

Are you on ward room hours?

530-2. Traffic isn't bad really.

7-8 to 4-5. I would spend the money to live in point loma or no further than linda vista mission valley.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #25
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not quite all the way down on the peninsula… midway drive somewhere, NRPEO.

I'm actually looking forward to going down there and I like how strong the San Diego crew is too
Old 03-09-2014, 05:53 AM   #26
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Damn you really hate Cali eh ....
Haha yeah sounds like it, you know you are free to leave right? I really can't talk though I couldn't wait to set the hell out of the Florida after college.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:45 AM   #27
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
$2200 is a healthy budget.
I too also lived in Clairemont off Balboa and Genesee Ave. I have nothing negative to say about that area.

Other areas to consider would be the following:
University City (right above Clairemont Mesa but below La Jolla (Triangle)
Mission bay - This area is west of Clairemont Mesa and East of Pacific Beach
Point Loma - IMO is doable if you don't get a house.
North Park - certain areas are great and some have too much going on.
La Mesa - Yes it's nice. The drive might be pushing it.
Ocean Beach - should consider.
Allied Gardens - East of Mission Valley off of Mission Goerge. Quiet. Nice.
By the sounds of it, you'll be taking I-8 to get to Pt. Loma. Food for thought.

Linda Vista is a neighborhood I would stay away from unless it was the outskirts. This part of town is South of Clairemont Mesa, but just South of that is Mission Valley which is central to everything but you won't find a house there. Mostly apartments and condos. Key word "Mostly."
South Park, Encanto, Barrio Logan, Lemon Grove, - Stay Away

Allied Gardens
http://www.trulia.com/rental/3142059...-92120#photo-6

University City
http://www.trulia.com/rental/3015633...Diego-CA-92122

Try www.Zillow.com for rentals.
Google: San Diego County map and look for the image with Zip codes to help you out.
Attached Thumbnails
Moving to San Diego-sandiegometro.jpg   Moving to San Diego-sd_county_map.jpg  
Old 03-15-2014, 12:01 PM   #28
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
How does having a truck work out in SD? I'm getting tired of the shit gas mileage… I'm assuming I'll be sitting in traffic for like 30-40 minutes a day at least. Right now I have a 5 minute commute… so it will be a change for sure
Old 03-15-2014, 12:07 PM   #29
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
It all depends what time of day and what area with traffic but it sounds like where you're going you're pretty close . I seen your other post . Maybe just sell the truck and buy a brand new wrx/evo /frs
Old 03-15-2014, 03:38 PM   #30
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Or buy a cheaper car and save the mileage on your truck. The mpg will pay for the car. Especially if it allows you to move 10-15 minutes further out, you'd save rent also.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #31
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurymullet View Post
I would look at la Mesa for the east area.
Around the Mission Valley area, Allied Gardens, Dell Cerro, San Carlos, are all decent areas, rent is not quite as high as alot of places nearer to Downtown or the coast and is still close to PT Loma.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:37 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Around the Mission Valley area, Allied Gardens, Dell Cerro, San Carlos, are all decent areas, rent is not quite as high as alot of places nearer to Downtown or the coast and is still close to PT Loma.
good call