Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Moving to San Diego

Old 03-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #1
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Moving to San Diego

Well, I got good news today… I have been confirmed for orders to San Diego for SHORE DUTY!!!!

Won't be moving until October...

I was excited until I saw the price for housing, wtf! I get around $2200 BAH and want to live as close to Point Loma as I can, but I'd like a house or townhouse… not apartments/condos

What are the nicer areas of SD on the north side?
Old 03-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #2
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats. East and south are probably cheaper. Nice areas In chula Vista also some areas of la Mesa. Don't know if 2200 will get in point loma. Don't know much about north. How close is close?

Are you ASW? Or the sub base?
Old 03-05-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Also look at what you want to do in your spare time. Will help make the choice.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:26 PM   #4
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be on midway drive in Point Loma… I mean I'm willing to commute up to 30 minutes but thats about it
Old 03-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #5
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah point loam is ritzy . Check the surrounding areas.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:03 PM   #6

I would look at la Mesa for the east area.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:52 PM   #7
SoCal Hillbilly is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
SoCal Hillbilly's Tacoma Gallery
Clairemont is your best bet. Not to far from the water front, lower crime, decent rent and pretty central.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #8
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quite a bit of crime in Clairemont
Old 03-05-2014, 08:33 PM   #9
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
doesn't clairemont have a lot of crime?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #10
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post
Yeah always has been as it's a pass through city
Old 03-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #12
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, I got good news today… I have been confirmed for orders to San Diego for SHORE DUTY!!!!

Won't be moving until October...

I was excited until I saw the price for housing, wtf! I get around $2200 BAH and want to live as close to Point Loma as I can, but I'd like a house or townhouse… not apartments/condos

What are the nicer areas of SD on the north side?
Everything is expensive here.

I can't help you with the house/townhouse, but i know (and use to work for) some people with apartments in Coronado, Ocean Beach (just over the hill from point loma), and Clairemont, if you want i can PM you the info.

Good luck with CA.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #13
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
Everything is expensive here.

I can't help you with the house/townhouse, but i know (and use to work for) some people with apartments in Coronado, Ocean Beach (just over the hill from point loma), and Clairemont, if you want i can PM you the info.

Good luck with CA.
Damn you really hate Cali eh ....
Old 03-05-2014, 08:50 PM   #14
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Damn you really hate Cali Bro ....
Fixed to "cali talk"

Not "hate", but strongly dislike.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #16
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
You should be happy with shore duty in SD.
Clairemont Mesa , Linda Vista, and Mission Valley are some decent areas just NorthEast of Point Loma.. And wouldn't be a bad drive to base (If you map it for a bird eye view you'll see). Truth is, yeah things are expensive but sometimes if you luck up you can find something pretty sweet in a good area. And you have till October to.

Your high dollar areas will be La Jolla, Coronado, and Point Loma... Or really anything close to the beach, which those are. But if you lucked up and found a place there that would be ideal. But good luck.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:15 PM   #17
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
The further inland you look, the cheaper the rent gets. The best way to compromise is to look for the best price in your range and be on the light side of traffic for your commute (this requires the know how of SD locals to the area).
Old 03-06-2014, 06:49 AM   #18

Also look at an area called "birdland". Its a small area east off the 163 south of 805 intersect. You can find some good deals in there. If you google birdland sandiego it will show up.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #19
SoCal Hillbilly is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
SoCal Hillbilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Not anymore than any of the other areas people have mentioned. Its really not that bad. The west side is a bit nicer though. Other options are Serra mesa and Mira Mesa.

Anything south of hillcrest has above average crime; gangs, drugs and so on.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:46 AM   #20
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
North of Mission valley isn't too bad and its close just have to deal with traffic. La mesa/mission gorge area is nice and affordable. I'd rather live in closer to the beach but PB/OB your just asking to get your truck damaged.