Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Offshore Fishing-So Cal/Mexico

Old 07-23-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Offshore Fishing-So Cal/Mexico

So I'm not sure how many guys do a lot of offshore fishing in the So-Cal area. If you have ever wanted to or have tried it a few times and would like to go again, this is the year.
Avid fisherman already know but this year is the type we all talk about and wait for.
We have not seen pre-El Nino conditions like we are seeing now since 1997. The amount of exotics that are already here is unprecedented. I personally cannot recall Yellowfin tuna being caught in US waters in May as we have seen this year. The Marlin are starting to pop up and its only July. There have been small spots of Big Eye tuna further down the beach as well. Last time I saw or caught a Big Eye was also 1997.
For those that recall that season, there were several reports of Dorado being caught off the Ocean Beach Pier.

Get out there if you have any interest, this may be the best season you will ever have.

Tight lines, Tyler
Old 07-23-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
I hear people limiting boats with yellowfin on 3/4 day boats. Just looking for a day to get out.

If your looking at multiple day trips Mexico did just enforced a ban of keeping bluefin tuna. That is only in Mexico waters though.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
subbed, cool thread hopefully be able to get out soon
Old 07-23-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Go get some

Couple photos to get the blood pumpin

Old 07-23-2014, 11:31 AM   #5
Mmmmm... Beer
14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MACS(SW) ret
Name: Shawn
14TACO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Been hearing all about it. Just had rotator cuff surgery 2 weeks ago... bass is about as much as I can handle at the moment, but I will be getting out there within the next month or so.

I can't miss this!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
What boats do you prefer to go out on? Went on the oceanside 95 in oceanside and mission belle out of PL. The PL wasn't bad for a 3/4 day boat.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #7
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ski4life7 View Post
What boats do you prefer to go out on? Went on the oceanside 95 in oceanside and mission belle out of PL. The PL wasn't bad for a 3/4 day boat.

I typically dont go any shorter than 1.5 day but if I were to do a 3/4 day it would be the San Diego out of Seaforth. Hell, the half days are getting in on the cation, My buddy JJ runs the Dolphin, hes getting good scores of yellowtail and yellowfin at 10 miles. For longer trips I really like the Condor from Fisherman's landing. I did a 3 day last week on the Ranger 85 thats at H&M right now, really good crew and boat as well.
Charters its hard to beat the Pacific Voyager but its hard to get booked, its no secret that Mark is a fish killer.
I do my best to fish private boats as much as possible but really as long as fish are biting and I have a rod in one hand and a beer in the other the boat doesn't matter too much.
Got a trip lined up again this Sunday night on the Condor, let me know if anyone needs some fish, I still have freezer space but am already well over 100lbs of fillets and its still only July
Old 07-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #9
Mmmmm... Beer
14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
...Got a trip lined up again this Sunday night on the Condor, let me know if anyone needs some fish, I still have freezer space but am already well over 100lbs of fillets and its still only July
Any tickets still left for that trip? I am out of work for awhile (shoulder surgery) but I think I can hack it!

I only have one pole not fresh water. I think it's a 7 ft graphite with 20 lb test on it. Probably need to rent some gear, but I'd be willing to spend the coin if you want the company... PM me, if so.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:59 PM   #10
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14TACO4X4 View Post
Any tickets still left for that trip? I am out of work for awhile (shoulder surgery) but I think I can hack it!

I only have one pole not fresh water. I think it's a 7 ft graphite with 20 lb test on it. Probably need to rent some gear, but I'd be willing to spend the coin if you want the company... PM me, if so.

That would be cool but this trip is all booked up already. Boats are filling fast. I'm taking most of my weld crew on this "team building" trip
Old 07-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #11
Mmmmm... Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
That would be cool but this trip is all booked up already. Boats are filling fast. I'm taking most of my weld crew on this "team building" trip
No worries, bro. Keep me in mind when you go, though. If you ever need another to fill out a trip lemme know.

Also, if you enjoy bass fishing I have a membership to Vail Lake here in Temecula. Very good fishing. Hit me up if you're interested. Always looking for more people to fish with.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #12
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14TACO4X4 View Post
No worries, bro. Keep me in mind when you go, though. If you ever need another to fill out a trip lemme know.

Also, if you enjoy bass fishing I have a membership to Vail Lake here in Temecula. Very good fishing. Hit me up if you're interested. Always looking for more people to fish with.

Roger that, I'm always down to rip some lips.
Used to fish local bass tournaments and know my way around the local lakes and lower river pretty well so definitely down for some bass fishin from time to time.