Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Frontier and Tacoma Ocotillo Run

Old 09-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
CarJEEP is on a distinguished road
Navy: AD (veteran)
Name: Dan
CarJEEP's Tacoma Gallery
Frontier and Tacoma Ocotillo Run

I'm not to sure if anything like this has been done before but after meeting some members up in Hungry Valley I thought about this trip. I asked some of the Frontier guys as to where to make this run and they mostly said Ocotillo. Personally I'm not to familiar with the area so I will be needing a volunteer to actually lead the group and have some input on meeting locations, destinations, and camp sites. Is this something anyone would be interested in? Now here is the only kicker, my truck is currently broke (rack and pinion, CV). My expectations is to have the truck running by mid Oct. which is fine since it can give us a bit more time on planning. Thought?

If the run goes well maybe we can even make this an annual event.

Date Nov 1-2
attendance list
1) Ryyan Camping
2) 6haole
3) Benjammn5
4) CarJeep Camping
5) dhout8 Camping
6) Rabs Camping
7) Jeff Camping
8) israel (jeep) Camping
9) Glamisdude?
10)tylerkyte5?
11)Queztal?
12)w501joe?
13) iseeredandyellow
14)adamar85
15)BCollett?
16)shmellmopwho?
Old 09-18-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
quetzal is on a distinguished road

Name: Mario
quetzal's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 09-19-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
Ryyan is on a distinguished road
Ryyan's Tacoma Gallery
i'm down
Old 09-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #5
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in
Old 09-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #7
CarJEEP's Tacoma Gallery
nice to see some interest. how would the last weekend of oct sound to you guys?

here is the thread i have going on at club frontier http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...lo-run-158177/
Old 09-22-2014, 04:02 PM   #8
CarJEEP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
I'm going to be there around that time one weekend. I know Ocotillo very well, and can definitely help if you got a good group going. Let me know.
sounds like a plan, spread the word to get a lil higher attendance.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #9
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
I'll most likely be out there for Halloween as well as quite a few others on here but we won't be doing any crawling. We're the guys jumping our trucks off everything and driving fast (don't get that confused with reckless because that's not our style).
Old 09-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #11
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlescars View Post
I'll most likely be out there for Halloween as well as quite a few others on here but we won't be doing any crawling. We're the guys jumping our trucks off everything and driving fast (don't get that confused with reckless because that's not our style).
Oh yeah, it's this a crawling trip? I like my fair share of crawling but Ocotillo is my go fast destination.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #13
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I figured it was aimed more for crawling and slow driving. I mean I will crawl through quite a bit but I'm not going to make it far through fish creek and stuff like that.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #15
Professionull

That's what I meant.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #16
I wanna go fast!
iseeredandyellow is on a distinguished road
Navy: IS2(SW/AW)
Name: Jeff
iseeredandyellow's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 09-28-2014, 08:22 AM   #18
Adamar85 is on a distinguished road
Navy: AEGIS Fire Controlman and Instructor
Name: Adam
Adamar85's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 09-28-2014, 05:57 PM   #19
BCollett is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
BCollett's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a fun trip, Never wheeled through Ocotillo before. I may be able to join you guys. Its a long drive for me to get down there, about 170 miles, and I'm doing a Mojave Trail trip Oct 17-19 so if the gas money is available count me in.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #20
CarJEEP's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys, my apologizes for the delay. halloween weekend sounds great (nov 1-2)