Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

June 27th - Cleghorn Trail Run

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
June 27th - Cleghorn Trail Run

Its never to early to start planning another trail run!!
Thanks everyone who has gone for making all these past trail runs a success...
A few of agreed to Cleghorn for our next run...so here it is.....

Here's the info:

This trail run will be: Saturday, June 27th, 2009

We will be meeting at the trail at 9am sharp! We WILL leave by 9:25-9:30 (to wait for the slackers, it also gives everyone to air down) to go hit the trail...
Once everyone is accounted for, we will hit the trails!

Communication:
CB Radios are highly recommended
CB Radio Channel: 21
Walkie-Talkie Channel: 5

The meet up point will be:
McDonalds
3230 WAGON TRAIN RD
PHELAN, CA 92371

Directions:
traveling North on Interstate 15
exit Highway 138
can be seen from offramp

traveling South on Interstate 15
exit Highway 138
left on Highway 138
right on Wagon Train RD
1/4 mile down the road, cannot be missed

google map to the Mcdonalds...
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=16

google map to Cleghorn trailhead...
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=16

This trail is pre-runner friendly and also has some short side trails so the 4x4s can still have a little fun...

some things worth bringing:

Gas, Tow or Recovery Straps, mini air compressor, tire repair kit, walkie talkies or CB, food and drinks

There will be a few stops along the trail so we can take driving breaks, pictures, hang out, etc...

Also...In order to better organize this trail run, please let us know if your truck is a 4x4 or Prerunner. Be sure to also post what rear diff you are running. (Open, LSD, Locked)

**Pink color requested by Monkeyproof**

Here are some recent Cleghorn pics (taken 5/31/09) to give you a quick idea of what to expect.... Definitely worth the drive

Old 05-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
more things to consider for this run..

4x4 for the bypasses
armor..sliders, skid plate

this list will be updated soon
Old 05-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cleghorn is easily accessible with 2WD but it's the bypasses that make this trail fun. the bypasses always meet up on the main road and range from easy in difficulty to more moderate in difficulty. a rear LSD at the minimum and 4WD highly recommended for the bypasses. this is a great trail for beginners!

some teaser pics from some of our past Cleghorn runs..

Old 05-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #7
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiikeyD View Post
FUCK i want to go! but i dont have everything you all have! :[ just a a reg double cab prerunner 4 dr 2.7 cl . no rear lsd or 4x4 :[
there is still a large portion of the fire road that you can do..i have seen miatas and civics on the main road
Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #8
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiikeyD View Post
FUCK i want to go! but i dont have everything you all have! :[ just a a reg double cab prerunner 4 dr 2.7 cl . no rear lsd or 4x4 :[
just come. Trust me there will be cool spots where you can test your truck. I dont have 4x4 either. Plus one of us can always pull you out.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #9
Who Inspires You?
Tool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant future

Name: Favian
Tool's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Tool
i wanna go but i wouldnt want anything bad happen to my baby its to beutiful rite now lol but fuck it ill see if dont have plans!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
i wanna go but i wouldnt want anything bad happen to my baby its to beutiful rite now lol but fuck it ill see if dont have plans!
all you gotta do is stay on the trail. Im sure lots of people will be doing the same
Old 05-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #11
Who Inspires You?
Tool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant future

Tool's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
all you gotta do is stay on the trail. Im sure lots of people will be doing the same
have you been up there?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #13
Who Inspires You?

Tool's Tacoma Gallery
where is it at? sierra is like 10 min away from me! well if your taco can do it my taco better lol
Old 05-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #14

Quote:
where is it at? sierra is like 10 min away from me! well if your taco can do it my taco better lol
Its like 5 minutes north on the 15 fwy past sierra. We will just be meeting up there. It has its own exit (cleghorn). See i have a locker though and you dont But honestly you shouldnt do any of the moderate bypasses because you could scratch your truck or rims. But there is mild stuff too.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:36 PM   #15
Who Inspires You?

Tool's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Its like 5 minutes north on the 15 fwy past sierra. We will just be meeting up there. It has its own exit (cleghorn). See i have a locker though and you dont But honestly you shouldnt do any of the moderate bypasses because you could scratch your truck or rims. But there is mild stuff too.
its not that far then! dont rub it in haha. yeah thats why i dont wanna go if my rims are at risk! hmmm how about if i go leave my truck at a safe spot and i call shot gun and ride with you =)
Old 05-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #17

Quote:
its not that far then! dont rub it in haha. yeah thats why i dont wanna go if my rims are at risk! hmmm how about if i go leave my truck at a safe spot and i call shot gun and ride with you =)
haha. You can do that if you want. If you really want to you can leave it at my pad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
If i were closer i'd join - these meets are great!
I will buy a gallon of gas for you
Thats like a guaranteed 20 miles!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #19
Who Inspires You?

Tool's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=jdkeller;619251]haha. You can do that if you want. If you really want to you can leave it at my pad.

yeah that be cool if you dont mind! and after we can just drink some beers and look at each others truck haha

Products Discussed in this Thread