Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Anyone AGR in San Diego?

Old 06-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #1
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Army: SSG
qballenko's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone AGR in San Diego?

My active enlistment is up in two years and I was wondering If anyone has any knowledge on AGR positions in SD. I wanna move back to SD but wouldn't mind continuing working for the Army. If you have any info just let me know.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Active Duty
Name: Jeremie
jeremiekc's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with that.. AGR jobs are few and far between.. You normally have to know someone before you can get into an AGR position.. It took my son almost three years to get into an AGR position in Utah... Best just to stay in....
Old 06-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #3
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Well I am hoping the MOS will help out.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #4
Sinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of light

Army: Logistics, Beans, Bullets and spare parts..
Name: Mike
Sinister's Tacoma Gallery
As said above. Good luck. With the economy that way it is, AGR positions are few and far between.

Your best bet is to just contact a recruiter. Oh and BTW unless your going Guard, you could be put anywhere. Just like AD.

Good Luck..
Old 06-25-2009, 12:15 AM   #5
nurseboy has a spectacular aura aboutnurseboy has a spectacular aura about

nurseboy's Tacoma Gallery
whats AGR?
Old 06-25-2009, 12:18 AM   #6
Thanks for the info guys. That knocks thats plan out.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #7
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Active Duty
Name: Jeremie
jeremiekc's Tacoma Gallery
Something to also consider... The Army is 18% over its end strength. If you dont know what that means, it will be harder now to (1) reenlist in certain MOS's, and (2) it is now impossible to come back in after you have gotten out. The Gaurd is also at over end strength so the only people they are letting in is new recruits and not those with prior service.. Just something to think about... Sorry I am a Career Counselor for my day job and just wanted to help you out...
Old 06-25-2009, 10:39 PM   #8
Yeah I know DA came down and told us at the schoolhouse that they are slowing down of the expediting to deploying units. Of course its always easier to hire a private than pay an NCO. Guess Im just gonna re-enlist. Stay Army. And no I would never go guard.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #9
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseboy View Post
whats AGR?
Active Guard Reserve. Basically a full time reservist as opposed to a weekend warrior.