1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alignment Shop in LA

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by rpparkster, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Jul 22, 2009 at 12:06 AM
    rpparkster

rpparkster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    TRD FJ Wheels, 285 GY DuraTrac's, Fox 2.5 C/O w/ Res, TC UCA's, Demello Sliders,AllPro 3" Leaf Pack, Walker Evans 2.0 Adj. RR, AllPro Front Bumper & IFS Skid, Timbren Bump Stops, Leather
    Anyone have a good shop in LA? I'm in Long Beach, so South County and OC works if you have a recommendation.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Jul 22, 2009 at 12:22 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Waz up? What happened to PBs? As I was installing and adjusting my front shocks, I was thinking all the reasons that PBs might say... well, "not on this truck", or "we have to have it back to the original height," yada, yada, yada.

Did that $139 3 month deal not work out? Do we just need to find a different one? I've got to imagine the LT guys need to optimize their wallet for alignments - have you talked with any of them?

I know there is a shop in Westminster, on Garden Grove Blvd, just east of Goldenwest on the north side of Garden Grove Blvd - they do nothing but front end work (IIRC). I went there many moons ago when I wanted to get my wheel/tire/brake rotor combo dynamically balanced.

3. Jul 22, 2009 at 12:31 AM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    just went to my local scher tire good year and just payed 80 for an alignment.. thank god hes letting me come back for my next alignment. pay him 100 for that one and hes giving me lifetime alignment for as long as i own the truck.. try looking online for one. esp if you know you are going to go offroading alot.

4. Jul 22, 2009 at 12:32 AM
    rpparkster

rpparkster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    TRD FJ Wheels, 285 GY DuraTrac's, Fox 2.5 C/O w/ Res, TC UCA's, Demello Sliders,AllPro 3" Leaf Pack, Walker Evans 2.0 Adj. RR, AllPro Front Bumper & IFS Skid, Timbren Bump Stops, Leather
    Got a refund from Pep Boys. They told me that they can't properly align my truck, after the third visit. I paid for a 4 year unlimited alignment, but they never got it right from the start, except the toe and camber. We'll I've had 2 visits for free so I'm not complaining, but I do need a shop to get my camber right. I know Bajamoon's mechanic has a shop that'll do it right it in Downey, but I'm trying to see if there is anyone else.
    Murphy, I'm going to PM you for the paint stuff.

Products Discussed in

To Top