Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

My pinkslip for yours??

Old 07-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
ckim is on a distinguished road
ckim's Tacoma Gallery
My pinkslip for yours??

Hey all,

I currently have a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX sedan. I have been wanting a truck so badly, and I have decided that the Tacoma best fits me. I am looking my WRX for your Tacoma. I don't have any pictures of my car, but will take some as soon as I can get my hands on a digital camera.

Below are some details regarding my car:
- 109,000 miles (first and only owner).
- I have been using synthetic oil since the car came off the lot.
- I have a cat-less uppipe (the only aftermarket product in the car).
- Thule rack (I use it to haul my surfboards).
- Manual transmission.
- Recently got a 100,000 mileage tune-up. All the oils (rear diff, engine) were flushed and replaced. Replaced rear o2 sensor. Flushed and replaced coolant. etc.

I prefer a Tacoma that has a double cab, but with two doors, not four. Ideally, I would like one with similar mileage as well. Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions.

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!

I dont think anyone wants to trade their taco for a car, most of us love our trucks, why dont you just trade it in on a dealership?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
ckim is on a distinguished road
ckim's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, I plan on going to the dealership as well. But if I could skip that process, it would be great. I don't really have the funds to finance either. I can't wait until I get rid of my car. Been itching for a truck for some time now.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckim View Post
Yea, I plan on going to the dealership as well. But if I could skip that process, it would be great. I don't really have the funds to finance either. I can't wait until I get rid of my car. Been itching for a truck for some time now.
Ehh...Do what you can to sell it private first-I know it's exciting to get a new truck- but the dealership isn't going to give you the best money for it. And if you aren't in need of the truck right now (desires aside)...You are better off trying tog et hte best bang for your buck.

Welcome to the board.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Ehh...Do what you can to sell it private first-I know it's exciting to get a new truck- but the dealership isn't going to give you the best money for it. And if you aren't in need of the truck right now (desires aside)...You are better off trying tog et hte best bang for your buck.

Welcome to the board.
I think this is the best yo can do, sell the car, count the cash, then go to the stealership to see if you can get a good deal for the taco you want....
Old 07-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #7
60% of the time it works every time
Hollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hollywood22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Welcome to TW!

I dont think anyone wants to trade their taco for a car, most of us love our trucks, why dont you just trade it in on a dealership?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie Joe View Post
x2

X3...trade it in and go new...you won't be dissapointed...Welcome to TW
Old 07-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #8
robo-ninja
edwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to all

edwinalink's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing he's like me, in that he's trying desperately to sell it, but no ones buying!
Old 07-24-2009, 03:14 AM   #9
Team Wonderbread
Tugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jim
Tugboatdude's Tacoma Gallery
Another option, go to carmax. They always are buying. They might screw you on a deal but hey you got rid of and it got some cash for a Taco! And yeah I have to agree that trying to pitch trading pinks for a car on a Taco website isn't going to happen. Good luck.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:54 AM   #10
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckim View Post

I prefer a Tacoma that has a double cab, but with two doors, not four.

i assume you mean access cab??? just so you are talking about the right thing when trying to make a deal with someone.

access cab has a smaller back seat but only has two doors... a double cab has a full size back seat and 4 doors. you won't find a tacoma with the full size back seat and only 2 doors... just so you know.

good luck with your trade!
Old 07-24-2009, 04:38 AM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Is it a Salvaged Title