1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best toyota dealership in So Cal? How much did you pay for your 09?

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by mikeee, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Jul 26, 2009 at 2:10 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Definitely check out Toyota of Escondido. By far the friendliest staff in the county.

2. Jul 26, 2009 at 3:11 AM
    socal_av

socal_av Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudy
    Palmdale <CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TACOMA DC LB Sport Mag Gray
    alot soon. hopefully
    any details

3. Jul 29, 2009 at 4:51 PM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    Hey guys I'm new here, from San Diego shopping for a 09 Tacoma. I went thru the Costco Auto program and Mossy Toyota in PB showed me a price of $26,3XX for a PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport Package with floor mats. This is before taxes and plates, and then the current $1500 cash back will apply. The quote they showed me was at invoice which included a $470 holdback, $270 marketing and a few other small fees.

What are the chances of going to another dealer and them going below invoice?

Anyone have any idea if the current $1500 cash back will start up again after the August 3rd end date?

I'm looking to buy towards the end of next month if there is another rebate available.

Thanks in advance for the help guys! Hoping to join the ranks pretty soon.

4. Jul 29, 2009 at 5:39 PM
    NinjaTaco

NinjaTaco Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab
    Hey Mike,
    I just got my 09 4x2, sport trd, double cab about a month ago. I LOVE the truck and I am sure you will too. I visited South Coast Toyota (Costa Mesa), Huntington Beach Toyota, and Power Toyota Irvine. I ended up going with Power Irvine, by having them beat the deal South Coast was willing to offer. Here are a few pointers that served me well:

1) Look up your exact truck on truecar.com All of the dealer sh*t themselves when I pulled out those numbers. One of the dealers even said to me "here is the invoice price", I looked at my TrueCar print out and said, "are you sure about that?". He quickly backpedaled. My wife was cracking up!

2) Make sure that a dealer has the truck that you want on their lot. They seemed much more motivated to work with me when we were negotating and the truck was sitting there on the other side of the window.

3) Write down the names of who you talk to at each dealership. These guys know each other. I had Frank at South Coast competing against George at Power. It was personal. They both had the same truck, and they both wanted my business. At one point I was on my cell phone talking with one guy, while I was in the other guys office.

4) Use the clock to your advantage. I showed up at the Power dealership 2 hours before closing. We were not making headway on the numbers 1 hour into my visit. At that point I said that I needed to go because South Coast also closed in 1 hour I was going to head over there because their numbers were better. All of a sudden negotiations moved much more quickly.

5) Continue to negotiate when if you are considering an extended warranty. The number they start with is garbage. The more I resisted, the lower the price went. I ended up getting the warranty of 25% of the number they started with.

Good luck with the process. I hope my experiance can help you.

5. Jul 29, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    lembowski

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    Ninja, what was the price you paid before the invoice? I'm looking at truecar and I'm thinking anything between the average paid and actual dealer cost should be the sweetspot. That is $25,340 to $25,811, on my experience above the quoted me at $26,300 so I got some work to do on that price.

Also on the figures they use does that include the dealer hold back and marketing or are those added on top?

6. Jul 29, 2009 at 7:58 PM
    NinjaTaco

NinjaTaco Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab
    I was able to work my way down to a little below average according to TrueCar. If you print out the TruCar report on page 2 it shows the Destination Fee and Manufacturer Fees. I checked my contract to make sure that the dealers numbers for these fees did not exceed the TrueCar estimate. I did notice the marketing cost on my final contact. I ended up getting 4 tickets to a Dave Matthews concert from the dealer as I was signing papers. I sold these tickets on CraigsList for 3 times what I paid in marketing cost, so I think I came out ahead. My wife had heard about the ticket promotion on the radio. It was pretty funny when she asked for the tickets. They looked at us like "serious you are trying to get more out of us". In the end they gave us the tickets, but they were really not happy with us by the time we drove away. That's OK, I am going to use another dealer for service, and my job that day was to buy a truck cheap, not make friends.

7. Jul 29, 2009 at 9:34 PM
    lembowski

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    Cool, I contacted Toyota Chula Vista and they went lower than the Costco price. The total is coming out to $25,818. I hope there is an incentive that comes after the 3rd! They are also including a years worth of oil changes and 4 free car washes.......but I wash my own car maybe I will take a year off from changing my own oil though.

8. Jul 30, 2009 at 5:31 AM
    DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I drove up to Bakersfield because I got $2000 less than the toyota in Valencia and Mission Hills offered.

9. Aug 20, 2009 at 2:04 AM
    Airwolf NSX

Airwolf NSX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Irvine, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab
    I went to a car broker to get a deal on a tacoma because i couldn't locate a 2009 myself.. turns out the 2009 models are mostly depleted in so.cal due to cash for clunkers..

i wanted 2009 for the deal they have.

10. Nov 6, 2009 at 7:54 PM
    mb_edgar

mb_edgar Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manhattan Beach
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road Pack
    6000k headlights and fog lights, L.E.D lightning all around, satoshi grill, hella 5100's behind the grill, pnasonic in dash, dual fosgates ps3's behind back seat, powder coated back bumper.
    well being that ive been selling cars for the last four years 3 of those 4 toyota (one year at bmw) go to edmunds and get numbers there and dont finance through the dealership go to a credit union and shop around the unions rate also then with the numbers in hand walk in knowing exacly knowing what you want and when they let you leave thats the bottom line number trust me a salesman will never let a customer just walk out the dealership especially how times are now let me know if you need any help PS. i like manhattan beach toyota good selection and decent sales guys

Products Discussed in

To Top