Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Cleghorn...again August 2nd

Old 07-28-2009, 09:56 PM   #21
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
have fun, it is my sister in law's birthday so i am stuck.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #22
rpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to behold

Name: Roger
rpparkster's Tacoma Gallery
Too bad. Would've been fun to see the new suspension in action. Next time.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #23
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpparkster View Post
Yeah got Sliders and spent a couple grand on a bunch of other mods..haha. We went through that last long bypass last time and figured it out. That got a little scary, but we got through it fine. We were trying to catch up to everyone else on the Fireroad, so we skipped a lot of the bypasses in the middle. I think we may have missed some good trails, so I've been wanting to go back up there.
damnit...you should try and reschedule for sunday..i wanna see some new blood out on the trails...doing all of the bypasses will be fun for you...listen to denny and his brother SiRMarlon when spotting you through the tougher parts and you will get through everything without even a scratch..or a broken driveshaft haha..that sucker
Old 07-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #24
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
damnit...you should try and reschedule for sunday..i wanna see some new blood out on the trails...doing all of the bypasses will be fun for you...listen to denny and his brother SiRMarlon when spotting you through the tougher parts and you will get through everything without even a scratch..or a broken driveshaft haha..that sucker
I'm down with this too. Roger, whatcha think?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:05 PM   #25
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrujillo63 View Post
I'm down with this too. Roger, whatcha think?
+1
Old 07-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #26
rpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to behold

I was gonna head out on Saturday so JDKeller can make it out since he can't do Sunday. But now Bajamoon, Murphy and MP can't do Saturday...hmmm. I'll PM JD and see what he thinks.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:12 PM   #27
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was gonna head out on Saturday so JDKeller can make it out since he can't do Sunday. But now Bajamoon, Murphy and MP can't do Saturday...hmmm. I'll PM JD and see what he thinks.
Just go sunday. I will wait til the next one. No biggy!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #28

Well, there it is. Its been moved to Sunday now. Sorry JD. If you can get out, come catch up to us. What time we looking to meet up? And, are we really going to do this backwards? Thats last part is tough, can't imagine doing it backwards.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #29
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Just go sunday. I will wait til the next one. No biggy!
You can't do Sunday? Roger will write you a note if it would help.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:15 PM   #30
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, there it is. Its been moved to Sunday now. Sorry JD. If you can get out, come catch up to us. What time we looking to meet up? And, are we really going to do this backwards? Thats last part is tough, can't imagine doing it backwards.
It would be fun to ride along with you guys since my truck cant do it
Old 07-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #31

Well JD lives close and he frees up around 12. Want to meet up in the afternoon around 1pm? That way he can ride along too.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #32
OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon
silverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant future

Name: SlickRick
silverbullet05's Tacoma Gallery
I am down. Nice to see something on a Sunday since I work Saturdays.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #33
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

to make it eay for you guys and since this may be the first time doing all the bypasses denny and i should have no problems running it the standard way which is starting from the I-15 side.

meet up at the trail head at 0900...hit the trail before or around 0930 after airing down and what not.

sometimes things happen unexpectedly on the trails and you'll be out way longer then you attended, so always plan for a whole day at the minimum. and, for the truly unexpected...overnight

essential items to bring and always have on the trails with you.

• plenty of water, gatoraide, etc. etc.
  • food
  • basic first aid kit
  • suitably rated snatch strap (regular tow strap is not considered as a snatch strap)
  • viable recovery points to include shackles/d-rings
  • basic tools
  • CB radio or at least 2 FMS/GMRS radios (the 2nd FMS/GMRS will get borrowed by someone who has a CB)
  • working spare tire with the means to change it
  • fire extinguisher

can't wait, this should be fun
Old 07-28-2009, 11:44 PM   #34

Sounds good. 9am at the trail head.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:51 PM   #35
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

WooHoo.... I miss cleg! I'll be cooking up the bacon wrapped hot-dogs left over from shaver.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #36
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrujillo63 View Post
WooHoo.... I miss cleg! I'll be cooking up the bacon wrapped hot-dogs left over from shaver.
Ha..you mean alll da food we shoulda cooked on saturday night at the base camp ?
Old 07-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Ha..you mean alll da food we shoulda cooked on saturday night at the base camp ?
Yup... thats it. LOL.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #39
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon H View Post
Too bad we all wont have the 2M's yet. WOuld be a great time to test them out.

we all should be able to talk to each other from our houses with those things haha
Old 07-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #40
562TACO is on a distinguished road
562TACO's Tacoma Gallery
A friend and I did this trail last week. Not a Tacoma, but here are some pictures....

The last mile or two of "side trails" were extra gnarly! We got stuck for an hour trying to get around this boulder on the last mile (towards the 138). We had a blast tho!